Feeling kind of out on a limb

I was discharged last Wednesday, finish Tamoxifen in a few days …yet I do not feel relieved/happy etc.,…kind of feel the same as when treatment finished…out on a limb…even though I have open access to my breast care team.
I have suffered with anxiety and depression since dx in jan 04…and have been on medication ever since…the last few days I have been having mild anxiety attacks…think its a kind of reaction to being discharged and losing my aunt to breast cancer last week…her funeral is tomorrow.
The five year thing means absoluately nothing to me as I know it can return at any point even in many years time.

Has anyone else felt like this?

Hi Karen

i am Carol, aged 47, and i have just passed my 5 yrs too, as i was diagnosed in March 2004. My onc is actually keeping me on on tamoxifen until next January, but when i go to see the breastcare team in June, they will dischrge me from their care - and i really dont want this to happen. I know i can ring them at any time, but it reassures me that at my appointment they examine me fully - i know i will feel a bit strange and “on my own” again. you are right about the 5 yr thing not meaning much, but at the same time it IS an acheivement.everything about this disease makes me anxious (and angry and bitter etc!) so you are probably right in thinking the anxiety attacks are a combination of ending treatment and your aunts death. Dont be too hard on yourself!Personally i think its completely normal to feel the way you do!

Carol xxxx

Hi K
How are you now? I think this finsihing treatment and your auntie dying is bound to make you feel stressed especially with the anxiety you have experienced over the years.
Could you not talk to your oncologist and say just how you feel. My onc is talking about me continuing treatment once i reach the 5yrs.
I know i dont come on this site anywhere near like i used too but just the other week i read of someones cancer coming back after many years and it made me feel very anxious again. Not one of us knows our future but i do think it would help if we had someone to talk too about our fears and emotions.

I think you have done really well Karen and thanks for the help you have often given me.
Try and relax you have lost someone who meant so much too you.

Rxx