Feeling tired

Hi Ladies, am over doing by going out everyday, how long should i go out for? i feel tired and now got sore plies.

Rose x

Oh rose, you are having a bad time. Are you going out because you have read that excercise stops you getting tired?? That does work for some people but not for everyone.

It sounds as if its not working for you and you should be kind to yourself and not do to much. Also if you are in pain you should be resting.

I am feeling fine and full of energy, but even so my chinese doctor has said he can feel weakness creeping in and has ordered that i lay down twice a day for half an hour to help my body gather strenght. I feel a bit of a fraud but am following doctors orders.

So here is Doctor old and lumpy prescribing you more rest and pampering to help you feel better

Aww, bless you oldandlumpy.
Rose, I just went with the flow. Good days, out and about. Bad days hibernating.
I confess to being tired now and still very sore after surgery, but that’s boredom not letting me stay at home.
'tis each to their own. :o)

Thank you ladies::::slight_smile: feel rested today, plies hurts as hell.

Rose X

have you got a small chemist near you?? the pharamacists in these small dispenseries can be very caring and helpfull. It would be good to befreind one because you need to know what over the counter things you can take when you get a cold or other minor ilness whilst having treatment.

if you have the energy why not pop along and talk to them about your piles?? They will not only be able to help with the pain but also with somthing to help your digestion. We have a NHS chemist near by that orders my repeat prescriptions and are realy helpful. It is also usefull that they are open all hours so i can go down when its easy to park. They even deliver my tablets for me.

Thank you OAL, i have been aplying Anusol cream, when i stand up thats when its hurts the most. I dont why they have fired up?

Rose x

Chemo makes us a bit bunged up Rose, that in turn can cause piles.
Remember to mention it to the oncy before the next chemo, they can advise you about this and any other side effects.
Take care.

Thank you elttiks, i see what they are like by Monday if not better i see the Doc.

Rose X

The tiredness thing is a total drag isn’t it. I used to be like a duracell bunny, so it’s a complete shocker to me I have to say. I’ve tried the exercise thing, it’s hit and miss. Just try doing little exercise and if you get v tired then have a nap.
I’m sick of the tiredness thing and of trying to explain to people what it’s like, people don’t understand that its not like a normal tiredness.

As for piles, I’m with you on that one, I got Scheripol from docs a long time ago, started using that again for 7 days, it’s not as painful as it was (any pressure on it was ouch! sitting, standing)
but it doesn’t seem to have shrunk at all. I’ll go back to docs if it doesn’t improve. YOu have my sympathy, they really bl**dy hurt dont they!!! Few times where I’ve randomly yelled “Oh you B*tch” out loud and startled my OH, just because of the pain.

hi Kat, I am with you on the tired thing too,

its fatigue, not tiredness, I was so bad at one point after the chemo finished, I would get out of bed walk downstairs and that was it crash on the settee.

It does get a bit better, I have finished my rads end of June, I am still constantly complaining about the tiredness to my G.P. but all he keeps saying is, “it takes time for your body to recover”, some help that is, all we can do it would seem is go with the flow, hopefully energy levels will improve and as for returning to how we used to be I dont know, at the moment I must admit that does seem a bit of a way off.

best wishes Liz x

Hi Liz - we’ve had it all haven’t we?!
I was trying my best to describe the fatigue to my OH, I said I do what I call “crashing” and this happens around 3-4pm every day. I said I imagine it’s a similar feeling to people who have a “hypo” diabetic feel - like a sudden huge surging sugar slump where everything tingles, I feel weak, I suddenly feel like I could sleep for a month, my eyes go heavy, mouth dry, heart beats fast and I get clumsy and can’t think straight, I just HAVE to lie down, this usually follows with me being asleep for about 2 hours.

If I fight it and don’t sleep, like yesterday, then you suffer more the next day and feel like doing NOTHING at all and I get really grumpy feeling too.

BUT despite all the sleep, I still never feel refreshed by it, just less bad.

It’s not a normal tiredness because you never feel on top form.

Yes, my BCN says it can take about 3 months for that to get better. It’s whilst all the toxins are still in your body and you’re processing them for excretion etc. Body is on mega-fix mode. I said to my OH, the tiredness you get with Flu is similar, the heavy confused totally wiped etc. But this is long term.

ElKat,

Perfect description.I am suffering it at the mo…soooooo knackered, think I’ll get back on the sofa!!!

Wandyx

Thank you ladies, that just how it is::::::::frowning: there me thinking i can have a day out in London NOT! Going to go with my body, and i have to have a sleeep in the afternoon to.

Rose xx

I went to London for the first time after chemo 1. My friend from Spain was meeting me at Victoria and he had arranged theatre and hotel for my birthday a few months before. At dx I cancelled, but he didn’t and as he said he’d take care of me, I agreed and went. I don’t regret any of it. I haven’t seen my friend sinse then as he’s working and I can’t travell, and i’m so glad I went <3

It needs a new word - “fatigue” doesn’t cover it. For about the first week after FEC I am so exhausted I can do very little most days - just getting up, showering, brushing teeth needs a lie down in between each step. It’s normal & I think you just have to give in to it - there’s no other choice really! However after about 10 days I usually feel suddenly better, back to normal. I sometimes just wish I could be put to sleep for 10 days, & have it all happen without me knowing…!

i am post EC 2 by 2 weeks. this weekend have felt like a truck has hit me, exhausted like nothing before. Am hoping I might pick up for my good week before next on Friday. I understand what everyone is saying, it is totally debilitating. Watching my OH working in the rain in the garden and feeling very guilty.

Jenben, to start with don’t bother feeling guilty about watching OH in the garden (or you’ll have to find the other thread with all the benches).

Secondly, if you’re feeling so very flattened at this stage of the cycle you should call your chemo unit straight away, even if your temperature isn’t raised. This could be one of the first signs of neutropenia, which is SERIOUS and needs to be looked at. Please get on the phone to them TODAY, don’t wait until tomorrow or Tuesday.

Get on that phone.

thanks CM will give the ward a ring.

Good. Hopefully they’ll tell you to just rest, but might want to see you to check you out. Best of luck.

Thank you ladies, feel much better rested for now, but, i got tooth ach now:::frowning: and i am losing weight look thin in the face.

Rose xxx