Femera and weight gain

I have been on this medication since January and gradually my weight has crept up. Must admit I have not been strict with myself, but then again I have notgone mad, having regained my appetite, post pleural effusion.
Has anyone else had the same problem?

Hello

I am on Femara but I have lost the stone that I put on whilst on Tamoxifen, it has taken nearly 2 years though!

Hazel

I’ve been on Femara since January too and have also put on weight. Like you I havent been strict with myself but neither do I stuff myself.
I haven’t yet decided if it is the Femara, or being relaxed enough to eat more normally than through the weeks of worry. I am desperately trying to be happy with where I am. I have always been weight conscious but after the trauma of the last 6 months I am succeeding in just being content to be here and for the moment symptom free.
But my clothes have shrunk!!

I had been on Tamoxifen for three years and really struggled with my weight being too low. I went down to 8st and couldn’t put weight on. In January I too was switched to Femara and now weigh 9st and am still going! I’m now at where I was before diagnosis in 2007 and my clothes now fit me again but any more weight and I’m in trouble! (Unfortunately since starting Femara I have got my taste for chocolate back!)

Jo

Hi,
I am losing weight since coming off tamoxifen and moving to femara too. It didn’t happen straight away. Mine seems related to reducing sugar as I am better if I avoid fruit. Might be some strange thing peculiar to me of course. I have lost 1 stone 7 lbs very easily (sorry) by changing to sugar free squash, avoiding fruit and just eating chilli rice cakes and pink and white marshmallow biscuits for lunch.All other meals as usual and eating out too. The leaflet does say that femara can cause a lot of things.
Goos luck
Lily

Thanks for your comments everyone. I am really starting to feel uncomfortable with myself. Has anyone tried Lighter Life Light with secondary diagnosis? I know I need to speak to my GP/ONC but was wondering if anyone had. I did LLL 2 years ago when I got married and it worked well for me.
The Femera has shrunk my tumours, so no thoughts about stopping. In put from you all would be appreciated.

love to all