Fibradenoma growing back after surgery?

Hi there

My name is Emily and i’m 23 and have recently had a lump removed which has thankfully been found to be a benign fibradenoma. There was some uncertainty as to what it was and It was a very stressful experience.

It’s been 3 weeks since the surgery and the scar has healed nicely. However I’ve realised that I have began to check my breasts every day with the worry that I will find another one, and low and behold I think that I have right next to where the first was removed.

The worry is making me feel constantly nauseous and has sent my anxiety through the roof and I really do not want to have another surgery. (I know it is absolutely nothing compared to people who have been diagnosed with cancer and it makes me feel a bit pathetic to be so worried about it but i just feel scared)

Does anyone know if its normal for your breast to feel different after a lumpectomy? I know I should get it checked out but i’m terrified i’m going to have to go through it all again. 

If anyone has any advice please let me know 

Emily 

Hi Emily. I had a very unusual looking fibroadenoma removed 2 weeks ago. Like you, they wanted to remove it as the ultrasound imagery was graded high risk of cancer but the biopsy came back clear. I actually feel as though I still have the lump there but bigger and a little further along. I did speak to my breast care nurse who said it was definitely removed but it will be swelling and scar tissue forming. I’d ring your breast care nurse just to be on the safe side but hopefully all part of the healing process. 

I think when you’ve been through all of the worry in early stages, it’s natural to be anxious. Kay xx

Not sure how old this post is but I had one removed last Friday and I still have lumps (not the one that was there before) but new ones further along and higher up. Breast nurses said its normal as all tissue has been disrupted x

Hello

Mee too I am so afraid, I had removed fibroadenomia in 2014 and now grow back  again but I don’t know if it fibroadenomia or other thing else… I am afraid to go for clinic again, I am 25 years old  I am afraid… what I should do