Fibroadenoma, 1 tumor turned out to be three/ recovery process

Hi all,

I found a lump in my right breast at 19 and have since turned 20 and had an operation to remove a fibroadenoma which was estimated to be around 3x2.5mm 4 days ago. I was supposed to have one tumor removed but as I started to come round in recovery my surgeon informed me that they had actually found three. I was just wondering if the same thing had happened to anyone else and if you found this caused you even more problems in the future. I’m rather scared that this means I am particularly prone to the growths and will have to return for surgery multiple times as I am have a few problems with my recovery. I was also wondering if anyone else was having problems with fluid retention following their surgery as I have gained qround 10lbs since my operation and am now having rather severe and debilitating pain in my back and stomach due to this rapid fluxuation.

Any help or advice any of you could offer would be fantastic but I am also more than happy to answer any questions anyone might have regarding my experience as I found it quite hard to find information prior to my opertaion.

Thank you and please help!!!

Hi emeraldgen,

Welcome to the forum.  You might find it helpful to call our Helpline to talk things over.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator