Fibroadenoma Vs Phyllodes tumour

hello everyone. 2 years ago I found a lump which grew quite quickly but after US and core biopsy was diagnosed as fibroadenoma. However due to its growing size(now about 5cm+ and too big for ultrasound probe!) and complete change of shape I went back to breast clinic last month and they have now decided to take it out and said there is also a slight chance that it is a Phyllodes tumour especially the bigger it gets. I read a thread from two years ago in which a young girl shares the same background story as me but after operation it is diagnosed as malignant Phyllodes tumour, so now I am freaking out! 

If if it has already been biopsied as fibroadenoma how can it now be a Phyllodes tumour? Would appreciate hearing any other similar experiences?  

Hi Hardinged, 

I am sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time. I am sure some of our users will be along shortly to offer their support.

In the meantime please do give our support line a call at 0808 800 6000 who can talk to you about your experience and offer a friendly ear. The support line is open 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant 

Hi hardinged, I’m 26 and currently receiving treatment for a malignant phyllodes tumour. I don’t know whether or not yours did turn out to be a malignant phyllodes, if so we are one in a million so happy to answer any questions you may have based on my experience so far. I’m currently in week 3 of 5 week radiotherapy. Xx