Fibroadenoma....should I go back?

This time last year I found a lump in my breast (age 20) so booked an appointment to the docs straight away knowing that breast cancer ran in my family. Got an appointment at the hospital, got an ultrasound and examination, turns out it was just a fibroadenoma (phew).

For almost a year I thought it had just disappeared, but I felt it again last night. I don’t know whether to go back to the docs, considering the symptoms have changed to:
very painful breasts (for weeks now) which is something I’ve never had even with periods
change in the shape of my breasts, they appear to be more ‘swollen’ looking (horizontally)when I look down
the fibroadenoma cannot be moved easily or rolled around my fingers as before

am I wasting docs time going back, knowing I’ve had a diagnosis previously, or should I go back?

Hi Caitlinstardust,

If you are worried about it (which you evidently seem to be from your post) and/or are at all suspicious, then you should go to see your doctor. Just tell your GP everything you have said in your post. Any doctor should understand, check you out, and if they are at all unsure refer you.

I am sure you are aware that most lumps are harmless, but better safe than sorry, so call your GP.

I hope it goes well.

Seabreeze x