Fibroadenoma

I am a 22 year old female, and earlier this year my gynecologist discovered a lump in my breast. She wasn’t worried, suspecting it was a fibroadenoma. In May, I went to a cancer clinic and got tested (ultrasound, mammogram, and biopsy), and the results were that it was a fibroadenoma. During the ultrasound, the doctor noticed that it was a little fuzzy on one edge, which she thought was a little unusual for a benign tumor. The biopsy was rough, and the fibroadenoma moved to just under my nipple. It hurts sometimes, like a sharp jabbing pain, and I’m a little worried if this is normal, or if it’s an indicator of something bad. Moreover, the doctors never gave me any instructions, like under what circumstances I should be worried or when I should come back or monitor it. The receptionists at the office are quite dismissive, and no help. What should I do?

Hi

Welcome to the forums, I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.
In the meantime you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 – 2.00

Best wishes
June, moderator

back to top please.

Hello Ashukin,
I’m a bit new to all this myself and have been diagnose with breast cancer from a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy. I’m having a lumpectomy on Friday.

I’m pretty sure that if the biopsy has said that it is benign then this is conclusive and certain. However, if it is causing you discomfort then you must go back to your GP.

Sorry not to be of any more help.
Alison

Aschukin

if your worried at all what you can do is contact the hospital and ask to get put through to the secretary of the doctor you saw to discuss your results in more detail… make a list of all the questions you want to ask so you dont forget anything.

on the positive side its extremely unlikely to be cancer at your age… but obviously speaking to your doctor will help to reassure you and make a plan for follow up.

alternatively you could contact the BCN and see if she could get hold of your notes and explain things to you.

hope you get it all resolved.

Lulu

edited to correct name… oops!

thanks for all the replies but it is aschukin that placed this thread I only put it back to the top as I knew she would get some good advice from those who could help and it was getting lost. Hi aschukin hope you didn’t mind.