Finally starting treatment

Hi everyone . I discovered my lump on 3rd June which was the most frightening moment of my life . I sat bolt upright in bed , drenched in sweat , I knew it wasn’t ‘ok’ . I have a 1.5 cm invasive ducal cancer with lumpectomy due weds 23 rd . Since diagnosis I have suffered from the most awful chest infection which seemed to hit hard … Maybe the shock ? Anyway this is thankfully cleared now . At first I was told hormone neg but they made an error with my data it turns out its 100 per cent hormone pos so a chance I May not need chemo , fingers xd . Good luck to everyone facing treatment this week . Sending you all positive thoughts .

Hi Debtex and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will soon find support and shared experiences from users who know just how you are feeling

Here’s a link to the BCC ‘I’m having treatments’ area where you will find Information and support ideas which I hope you will find helpful over the coming weeks and months:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Please also feel free to call our helpliners to talk through any concerns or queries on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Debtex

So sorry that you’re here.  I too have been recently diagnosed with invasive ductal cancer, but that’s all I know at the moment as awaiting my next appt, (23rd also), to get the results from a breast MRI, (as they only actaully found cancer on 1 of the slices from 1 of the biopsies they took), so apparently really small??  Sorry about your chest infection too!!  I’ve had numerous amounts of aches, pains & funyy going ons with my body, that I’m hoping is due to severe anxiety and nothing else!!  My brain is working overtime…Good luck for the 23rd xx

Thanks jk . I’m all ready for tomorrow . Have to be at hospital for 7.00 am ! Like everyone else on this forum says it is the ongoing waiting that is the hardest thing to deal with. I wish you we ll with your appointment tomorrow .even tho my lump is 'small ’ 1.5 cms I can now feel it when I move a certain way. Thank god the horrible thing will be gone this time tomorrow . Hugs x

Best of luck … xx

Operation went well from my perspective but obviously I don’t know results yet . Care I received was excellent . Scars are neat with no dressing ! Certainly ok to look at , fingers xd everything carries on in this way ! Xx hope everyone else is ok x