cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial help?

4 REPLIES 4
jmeg

Re: Financial help?

hi i am stuck with where i can get help i own my own house (mortgage) and i am single after my holiday pay runs out will be going on ssp went to see CAB and basically been told cant get any help until i go on ESP find it confusing because if i lived in rented house i could claim housing benifit,can do without the added finacial stress at this time but silly me didnt take out any insurance policys anyone got any suggestions on this one.
Rebecca_Ruth

Thank you girls x Thought maybe this was the road to go down but wasn't sure.
Tolliebelle

Hi Rebbecca Ruth

If you are not on full pay or are on SSP you can claim ESA to top up wages and as Zuzy says your local council will help with rent and council tax but they are income related benefits. We have one stop shops here who deal with all that sort of thing. Your local council should also have a welfare Advice department you should be able to find on their website thay are very helpful
Hope you get it sorted

Jill
Zuzy

Hi Rebecca Ruth, assume prob is your salary falling? your local authority administer housing and council tax benefit so would be your first port of call, Macmillan have a good financial advice service so may be able to help, also your ha might have a finance-benefit adviser. If you are struggling make sure you troth to your ha at an early stage so they know what is going on. Good luck xx
Rebecca_Ruth

Financial help?

Hi
Don't own my own home and live in Housing Association flat - alone. Work full time so pay full rent, where / who do I go to for help with paying rent, council tax etc. Been thinking about this all week and it's a major worry for me.
Any body else been in this situation