cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fine needle biopsy result

5 REPLIES 5
Morwenna

Re: Fine needle biopsy result

Just to say, the CT and bone scan are routine if there is any lymph node involvement. The results come back very quickly, and hopefully you'll get the all clear, and one less thing to worry about!

And I'm sure they're entirely used to ladies falling apart at the clinic. That's why they always have tissues handy!! And one good thing about having chemo first is that you can see the lump melting away under the onslaught, and know the treatment is working!

I had my surgery first, and now I don't know if my treatment is effective or indeed of there is anything left in my body to treat! The initial chemo I was on, I got quite ill with clots in my legs and lungs, and one day when I was feeling fairly sorry for myself, someone I hadn't seen since before my diagnosis remarked ..... "but you're responding well to the treatment, aren't you?!" I just didn't know what to say. I felt like saying, well it hasn't killed me .... yet!" Guess it was one of those days! 🙂

I'm waaay better now btw, and just four more weeks of chemo to go! 🙂
Kittyqueen

Hi Jayney234,
Sorry you are finding yourself joining us hunni but just wanted to say that you are in the worst place right now as your imagination will be running riot untill next Tuesday but I promise once you know what you are dealing with and you have a treatment plan it honestly does get a little better. Helps make you feel you have some more control of your life back again.
Hugs
KQ

jayney234

Thanks Morwenna Had appointment at hospital today. Was prepared for mammo ultrasound and core biopsy and was not surprised at the lump in my breast but what felled me was he was worried about an enlarged lumph node and biopsied that at the same time. I am ashamed to say I completely fell apart and sobbed for about 10 minutes. I felt my life slipping away. I saw the consultant who was very upbeat and encouraging but said he would see me Tuesday with path results and I would be starting chemo first and then rad and then surgery. All I could see was worse case scenario and when he said I had to have body scan and ct I fell apart again. Poor man. I feel very stupid for being such a drama queen but I cannot see past the worst. Thanks to all the virtual support it really is helping.xx
Morwenna

Hi Jayney,

I don't think there's much I can say to stop you panicking, except it really won't be long before you know what you are dealing with, and then they will tell you what the plan is, and the panick will subside. However bad it is, it will probably be no worse than you are imagining, and might not be anything so serious!

Then you'll get down to the practical stuff of how you are going to deal with it and you will get taken up with that, and soon settle into some sort of routine.

Meanwhile, keep posting on here. You will always find somebody who can relate to how you are feeling! And if you turn out to get good news, tell us that too! We LOVE good news!

Hugs Hunny! xxx
Lucy_BCC

Hi Jayney

Please give our helpliners a call as you can talk this through with them and recieve some support, lines are open 9-5 today and weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy

jayney234

Fine needle biopsy result

Hi I am getting myself into a real state. I had a fine needle biospy test when I first visited a private cnnsultant 2 weeks ago. He had already told me he was sure I had breast cancer but would need further tests. I told him to send results to my gp who would send them on to Exeter hospital where I have appooinment tommorrow. I have been taking valium to try to get through the days and imagining the worst. My lump is quite big and consultant put me on tamoxifen straight away and said I might not need it but it would do no harm. I then got a phone call last week from gp to say carry on taking tamoxifen and gave me another script. I have just got a letter today from consultant saying that by now I would know the results of the fine needle biopsy and that my right breast shows a problem and he understands I will be going to Exeter and they are very good. He finishes by saying if I want him to add his input he is happy to do so and will re- refer me to him. I am now absolutely terrified as I am imagining the worst case scenario. I think the word problem has freaked me out - don't know why- can't get myself out of this total fear and Ijust keep crying and shaking. Husband trying to reassure me but I can't help it. Help xxxx Just to add he did a fnb at the time of consultation - excuse spelling - hands shaking.