cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished chemo!

21 REPLIES 21
Helm

Re: Finished chemo!

Congratulations on getting through the chemo Morwenna. Best of luck with the Radiotherapy - we'll be checking for your post on completion of that in the future! 🙂
Morwenna

Totally Blackswan! That's exactly what I've been telling everyone ...... It's like banging your head against a brick wall ...... Nice when you stop! 😉

Happy Canada Day tout le monde!! 😄
BlackSwan

The best thing about chemo is that it is so nice when you stop.
Mindy63

Well done. It's a great feeling!

Melrose15

Woop! Woop! Enjoy Les Mis and here's to the future xxx
Morwenna

Yup!!!!
chicita

Hi Morwenna, we seem to be on the same time schedule here. I've got rads planning on 17th July and start week later.
Your social events must certainly keep you busy. That's a good thing because if you're anything like me, as soon as you have nothing to occupy your mind you start imagining stuff and worrying.
X Yvonne
Morwenna

Thankyou everyone for your good wishes! ❤️

I'm triple neg, so no tamoxi-whotnot or herceptin for me! I guess I don't know whether that's a good thing or not! I just have to hope all my chemo drugs have hit the spot, even though I don't know if I have any spot left to hit! ..... which is a bit odd.

I'm on a herceptin trial for "HER_2 low", patients, but I'm in the control arm, so I'm not actually getting the drug. My positive take on that is two-fold: At least I don't have to have herceptin for a year, when it is not necessarily going to make a difference, and at least I will be closely monitored for the duration of the trial, so hey! It's a win-win really! 🙂

I feel good today, high on steroids, I went deep water exercising, and tomorrow we are going to see Les Miserables which is the London production on tour in North America!

I'm booked into a watercolour for beginners course at a local cancer support centre on Saturday, then next week it is Canada Day on Monday, and my group is singing at a citizenship ceremony for New Canadians, which is both fun and an honour! 🙂 .... then on Tuesday we have the chorus BBQ to look forward to. Thursday I'm going to a one day education symposium on lymphedema, which I think I'm just teetering on the edge of, .... my arm feels achy after fairly minimal activity, and my hand gets puffy ..... well I have to have something to worry about, don't I! 😉

Anyway, yes, onward and upward it is! 😄
Wattie

Fantastic news Morwenna!
I had my last chemo five weeks ago and it's a great feeling, just herceptin and rads now!
well done
karen xx
benedictus

Hi Morwenna, I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now waiting for the right time to jump in (I'm to be a "July Something" - not decided on name yet) and I've seen some of your posts, many of which have been supporting others. I just wanted to say that radiotherapy will be a complete breeze after chemo. You really have nothing to worry about. People told me that I might feel a little tired, but I didn't even feel that. Really really not a problem x

applestreet

I remember it well...bald..knackered..nasty nails and feet..walked away from the chemo unit and...WHOOOOOOP!!!!!...you go girl...

spookymoo

Fantastic news Morwenna. You rocked chemo - rads will be a doddle! Sending big hugs Em x
Penny47

Go girl go! xx

ps don't forget to come back and tell us how the rads are going!
YB54321

Great news Morwenna - hope the journey ahead brings health & happiness x
poemsgalore

Fantastic news Morwenna. Good luck with the rads. Keeping everything crossed that all goes well for you.
PG xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Reading your post Morwenna has lifted and inspired me! I have been angry mad woman, only diagnosed yesterday, and I am already looking forward to when I can write the words "Finished chemo". Keep up your posts, you are an inspiration to me. xxx
kiwijan

Yay celebration time!! I'm a year down the track from you but can still remember the elation! You will breeze through the radiotherapy! xx

geordiex

well done to you xx

orangecat

Fabulous news, well done xx

Maxie

Congratulations Morwenna have seen a few of your posts (Im from June Jewels)....onwards & upwards for you now, well done!!..xx
Jan_mints

Way to go Morwenna!

Big hugs Hun

Jan x
Morwenna

Finished chemo!

Yup, New avatar in place!

Now just to regroup and get ready for radiation therapy to start on July 22. I'm feeling a bit tired and emotional, but the support and encouragement from all of my lovely friends and family just lifts me up.

Bring it on! I say. 😄

Edit: my nails look a bit yucky, but never mind! 😮