First Appointment

Hi,

Went to see my GP with a persistent sore breast, got prodded a bit, no lump apparantly but was referred anyway for investigation. Got my date today for the 25th February so gave them a call to find out how long it all took so I could organise childcare and was told it was 10 minutes !? Bit confused as GP told me it would be a mammogram etc. It’s in Poole. Can anyone advise on what the procedure is as I cope better with stress if I have an idea of what is going on !

Thanks,

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care chat forums where I am sure you will get lots of support from your fellow forum users who have a wealth of information between them.

Before you go for your hospital appointment you might be interested in reading about what to expect. I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications which I hope will help you.

breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.357

If you feel you need to talk to someone in confidence then please feel free to phone BCC’s helpline. The calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and Saturday 9am - 2pm

Hope this helps, kind regards,

Jo, Facilitator