cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First appointment tomorrow

3 REPLIES 3
evs_71

Re: First appointment tomorrow

When I attended, I saw the consultant for a poke and prod around, then the mammo, ultrasound and had 3 biopsies. Went back to the consultant again who more or less told me his thoughts, but we had to wait for the biopsy results to be completely sure. They'll be able to give you a good idea of what's what at the time. Altogether the clinic visit was about 3 hours.  Oh and good luck with your visit 🙂

Mummyjo

Thanku kim68 for your reply, I'm sorry to hear your diagnosis, but happy they caught it early!! It all sounds very positive. I feel very lucky to be seen so quickly and have no doubt they will take great care of me tomorrow. I feel a little relieved to know all tests done on the same day, not so panicked now thankyou.
I wish you all the very best with your upcoming treatment
Big hugs xxx
Jobey68

Hi mummy Jo,
At my breast clinic after a check over by a breast surgeon I was sent for a mammogram then ultrasound which is standard practice , it all happens one after the other as they try to give you a diagnosis on the day if they can so don't be alarmed by having a mammogram first, I won't tell you not to worry because you will and that's only natural, I ended up having a biopsy on what turned out to be a benign lump but they did pick up some early cancer cells lurking just outside it so I consider myself lucky as my mammogram was clear, I've since had a lumpectomy and node check which was clear so only 3 weeks of radiotherapy now, they will take very good care of you whatever they find xx
Mummyjo

First appointment tomorrow

Hi all

Went to to my gp 3 weeks ago with concerns of an indent in my skin on my right breast under my nipple and what I can only describe as a thickness along the side of my breast, could feel no lump. My gp also felt something around my indent which I still can't and referred me to clinic as urgent.
My app is tomorrow and safe to say I'm terrified!! Iv now convinced myself that there is a lump on right breast, which obviously has nothing to do with all the poking and prodding iv been doing!!
Can I ask has anyone else been sent for a mammogram first before seeing a consultant? My mammogram is 20mins before my consultant app or am I just panicking over nothing?
I am 36 and have policystic ovaries which now through reading the wonderful Dr Google have learned I'm higher risk of bc 😕
I wish tomorrow would hurry up!!