First appointment tomorrow

Hi all

Went to to my gp 3 weeks ago with concerns of an indent in my skin on my right breast under my nipple and what I can only describe as a thickness along the side of my breast, could feel no lump. My gp also felt something around my indent which I still can’t and referred me to clinic as urgent.
My app is tomorrow and safe to say I’m terrified!! Iv now convinced myself that there is a lump on right breast, which obviously has nothing to do with all the poking and prodding iv been doing!!
Can I ask has anyone else been sent for a mammogram first before seeing a consultant? My mammogram is 20mins before my consultant app or am I just panicking over nothing?
I am 36 and have policystic ovaries which now through reading the wonderful Dr Google have learned I’m higher risk of bc ?
I wish tomorrow would hurry up!!

Hi mummy Jo,
At my breast clinic after a check over by a breast surgeon I was sent for a mammogram then ultrasound which is standard practice , it all happens one after the other as they try to give you a diagnosis on the day if they can so don’t be alarmed by having a mammogram first, I won’t tell you not to worry because you will and that’s only natural, I ended up having a biopsy on what turned out to be a benign lump but they did pick up some early cancer cells lurking just outside it so I consider myself lucky as my mammogram was clear, I’ve since had a lumpectomy and node check which was clear so only 3 weeks of radiotherapy now, they will take very good care of you whatever they find xx