Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

First chemo day tomorrow

7 REPLIES 7
blueash
Community Champion

Re: First chemo day tomorrow

It is just the regime you are on. I was on TCH the T being docetaxel which is a Tax type of chemo The others for me were the C  being carboplatin and the H being herceptin. Most people seem to get FEC-T whic is half your treatment as FEC and the othe half as T. As I say I was on all TCH and some people get all FEC. It depends on your cancer, how big it was, the stage and how old you are.

Lou Green

Thanks Scotty - so far so good but tired. You menion FEC-T. What does the T mean? All my paperwork just says FEC and no other letters. Seen other posts and these also mention letters after FEC. Can anyone explain please xx

Scotty66

Hi

I had my first FEC=T yesterday as well. Crashed at about 7. Felt weird and woozy, a bit headachy and breathless but it was more to do woth stress and anxiety. 1 down 5 to go. Hope you're feeling Ok this morning.

Emma x

Lou Green

Thanks Carol for your words, so far so good. Feeling like reality after the christmas break is over. Looking forward now xx

Lou Green

Thanks very much for your kind words. It feels like a long road ahead but first cycle done this morning. Feeling quite strange but think its a combination of emotions as well as the cocktail of drugs. Just chilling and no plans for the few weeks ahead. Need to research as I would like a large glass of red wine tonight. Forgot to ask but in moderation is usually the line!! Nice to hear from you. This is a whole new world for me x

lorac170

Lou,

Just wanted to wish you all the best for today - hope it goes well. And, keep in mind, everything comes to pass although it might not seem that way at present 😁 Take care xxxxxx Carol

livvy

Hi Lou,
Just wanted to wish you good luck! For your chemo today ,I'm on on fec-t had my fifth one yesterday just one more to go! Everyone's different on how it effects them so don't worry too much,theres also a January chemo starter thread on the forum which would be helpful for you to join the ladies on there will be able to give you tips and advice on how things are going for them. Big hugs and just remember whatever happens its not forever! Xxxx
Lou Green

First chemo day tomorrow

Starting FEC treatment tomorrow. Getting nervous and excited all at the same time. Worried about the side effects but everyone is different. Big one is hair loss but got the wig ready!  Wish me luck x