First mammogram

Hi I was diagnosed with grade 1 cancer last April lumpectomy in may then lymph nodes in June they were all clear. Waiting for my first mammogram to come through Im so frightened in case something is wrong again. How do people cope.

Hi Frithy ,I felt exactly the same.My first post treatment mammogram took me right back to the fear anxiety of when I was first diagnosed .Waiting for the results is torture and I felt that life was "on pause " for a couple of weeks ,getting the all clear is wonderful though .Good luck .Jill.

Ditto what Jill said Frithy.  It’s a well horrible time, and I didn’t cope. I’m almost upon my second one in April and am going to try not to get as stressed as I was last year.:catfrustrated:  Does seem such a waste of energy, but couldn’t help myself.  I’m going to try and think that IF there is a problem, then I’m ok it will be dealt with, so I’m actually glad to be having one. Would probably get more stressed if I didn’t!!

Do keep visiting this site and wishing you well. Gentle  squishy hugs. :cathappy:xxx

It surprised me how difficult I found it Charys ,it really did put me in a bad place for a few weeks ,the relief when you get the results is immense ,it’s like your life gets put on hold for a few weeks.

I’ve had my appointment through for my second year mammogram today , last years sent me in to a panic but  to be honest now I’m thinking oh whatever do your bloody worst I’m so over stressing about flipping cancer now! :smileyfrustrated:

Love the attitude, Jobey! I get my results from the surgeon next week. I’m not overly anxious at the mo, I tell myself that after going through al the investigations & treatment last year, there is even less likely to be a problem, & if there is a problem, then it will be dealt with as that’s what its for.
best wishes, Frithy
ann x

I was told very unlikely to get any issues with first mammogram due to just finishing treatment ,still causes you great anxiety though ,