First session

I had my PICC line put in yesterday and also had my first cold cap & chemo session. Felt absolutely fine until I left the hospital and got home. Felt really nauseas so had an anti sickness tablet, didn’t work! Was sick 3 times from 7.30pm til 10am this morning. Tried some toast but only managed one slice all day today and even went to the dr sand had an anti sickness injection. Feeling a bit better and hungry but don’t want to eat. How long does this last?

I was sick as soon as I got home from first session too. Then I was sick every 2-3 hours all night and all the next day. I then just felt weak for a couple of days. I’m hoping next time they can give higher dose of anti sickness so maybe won’t be so bad. I’m now on day 10 and feeling pretty normal xxx

Thanks for the replies - the injection I had was a godsend!!

Had it, went home and slept for a few hours and actually felt hungry after I’d done that - but I didn’t push myself, just had a few grapes, blueberries and apricots for my tea and they stayed down.

I had a notebook next to me which I’d been making notes, so when I go back for my 2nd session, I’ll take it with me and let them know, although another thing I tried which just settled my stomach for a while, was peppermint tea - tastes vile lol but it seemed to help.

Since Saturday I’ve been able to eat normal foods, but just in much smaller portions to what I’d usually do, as long as I’m drinking plenty of fluids, mainly water, I feel good!