First time...and waiting

Hi all…

I tried to resist this until I knew more but Im fairly sure my head may explode with keeping my worry in.

I am 46 and over the last couple of months noticed that one of my breast felt heavier than the other. I absolutely did not think anything of it and thought that Im due for my yearly Mamo in January so I can just wait.

A couple of weeks ago whilst on holiday I was reading a book and just itched my breast and instantly felt something.

On my left breast just above and to the left of my arioli I felt a protruding lump that felt like a piece of rock, I clearly remember thinking well thats not good and promptly decided to ignore it until the mamo.

I tried really hard for a few weeks to ignore it but if I so much as touch it, it is so obvious that I decided best get it checked.

I attended my GP who stated it was about 6cm and completed my two week wait refferal.

I do have a family history of BC hence the yearly mamo, both my Mum and my sister.

Since the referal I thought Id have a bit of a look at my boobs, more because I thought it was a small hard lump1-2cm and the GP thought 6cm and unfortunately I have noticed my nipple is slightly pulled in on that breast and also points left and down. 

I needed to post here really to stop me blurting out all my worries to my husband or my 22 year old daughter as at the begining of the year I had a thyroid tumour, which resulted in half my thyroid being removed and was eventually found to be benign, so I dont really want them to go through all that worry again if this is nothing…

Rosie

Hello and welcome to this lovely forum where you will get loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here who know exactly what you are going through.

This is a difficult part as you are waiting to get it checked out and your mind is doing cartwheels between its nothing and then it something.

Have you had an appointmetn date through yet?  I can understand your fears about telling your husband and daugher, but they have been through so much with you up to now but I really think at the very least you tell your husband so that he can support you through this wait and the appointment.

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx