cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five year milestone reached

13 REPLIES 13
mcgle

Re: Five year milestone reached

Good to hear you have finished treatment, Tedoris.

And thank you, Lyn, for your kind words - they mean a lot. I am pleased to hear you are still doing well.

Mcgle

LynB1

Hi there, I remember you! Gurgle on BC Pals, if my memory serves me correctly. Congratulations on reaching your five year milestone, brilliant news! I am three years out now, and still doing well. You replied to some of my posts on BC Pals with some lovely words of encouragement, and I'll always remember that. Wishing you all the best for the future xx

Tedoris

Thanks its great to hear about you girls doing so well. I have just finished treatment and I am trying my best to put BC behind me!

mcgle

Rivermaid, Jan and Wizz

Good to hear from you.

Five years ago, I was in such a dark place, staring into an abyss, and desperate for good news stories; that is why I have posted mine.

The things which I have changed in my life are exercise and diet, in an effort to keep the bu**er at bay. Whether these truly help, I cannot say, but know I am a much fitter, leaner person than I was in 2005, and feel tons better than I did then. I consider the arm exercises to be lifelong, and continue to take great care of the affected limb.

As we all know, there is no such thing as an 'all clear' for us, but we have to hope this really is the end of it.

Best wishes

Mcgle

Wizzbaby

Congratulations mcgle

I've just completed three years and very happy to be here.

Wizz

JanB

Thank you mcgle and Kim,

I'm so pleased for you both.

It's not just the newly diagnosed who take hope from your stories as you'll see from the other posts. I'm 1 year from No Evidence of Disease (NED)and struggling to find my way post BC. It's so good to hear from people who are doing well. Hope to be there soon.

Jan xx

Rivermaid

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for the future. x
Tomorrow is my 1 year milestone. Looking forward to many more.

mcgle

Thank you for sharing, Kim. I do think stories like ours give hope to the newly-diagnosed, showing that there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

Wonderful to hear of your marriage, too.

Mcgle

ventura09

Hi ladies, just wanted to share my news with you, too. I am an 8 year survivor!!!! I was dx in May 02 the age of 32 and I'm still here to tell the tale.

I never thought I would be here for my 40 birthday but I'm now 2 weeks away from my 42 birthday. I also got married 31/12/09 and have never been happier. Off to Venice for our 1st anniversary.

Don't ever give up and live your life each day. Just wanted to let you ladies know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Lots of love
Kim from Richmond in North Yorkshire xx

mcgle

Thank you, cleesyB.

Just four anniversaries for you to go, though I am not sure I would say everything has returned to normal; it is a different type of normality now.

However, I feel as if a great burden has been lifted, but am also acutely aware that others have not been as fortunate.

My best wishes to you.

Mcgle

cleesyB

Just wanted to congratulate you on reaching the 5 year milestone. I've just reached my 1st year anniversary and I have every intention of hitting the 5 and returning to 'normalness' again. It must feel wonderful to you, having coped with so much and attained that well deserved light at the end of the tunnel:)

Wishing you all teh very best of everything x

mcgle

Thank you, Anthi. I hope you are well, too.

Thoroughly enjoying working, and so glad to be able to use my skills again. BC robs us of so much, that I was determined to get back to as normal a life as possible afterwards.

Kindest regards

Mcgle

Anthi

Hello mcgle - yes I remember you. You're about a year ahead of me.

Many congratulations. Marvellous to hear that you're well and that you're working. I hope you're enjoying it.

Best wishes

Anthi

mcgle

Five year milestone reached

For those of you who remember me ...

I rarely post on breast cancer sites anymore for a number of reasons, but wanted you all to know that I had the five year 'all clear' yesterday. This in spite of receiving neither chemo nor herceptin for my weakly positive HER2+ tiny tumour.

At the time, I was extremely dubious about my 'light touch' treatment (surgery, rads and tamoxifen), but now realise that the medics were right.

This post is really to give hope to the newly-diagnosed; five years ago, I did not think I would be writing such a post, let alone re-entering my profession.

My best wishes to you all.

Mcgle