Flamazine for burns

Hi

Has anyone used flamazine for radiotherapy burns. I’ve been prescribed this by my GP as have bad burn and blisters following treatment which ended 19th May. I just wondered how effective it is.

Kathy

Hi Kathy

Sorry to hear you are still suffering with your burns - I can’t help with your question but just hope that your new cream does the trick.

I think I remember you said you had 20 rads - I just finished my 15 today and pretty sore tonight, but imagine the extra 5 make a big difference.

Hope your burns improve soon

Jaye x 

Kathy03, I think most people get some level of burns which are quite painful or at the least uncomfortable.  I had some burning but occurred towards the end of treatment.  I was given aquaeos cream, sorry if not correct spelling.  It is good to rub in and can also be used in the shower as a wash.  I found it excellent and used it until my blisters cleared.  I have no experience of the medication you have been given but I am sure if the GP prescribed it you need to use it.  Ask your breast care nurse for her views.  Kind regards