Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flu jab

16 REPLIES 16
CAS45

Re: Flu jab

Hi,

Had my Flu jab on Tuesday.  A little bump and slightly red today, other than that no other problems.  Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Carol

x

poemsgalore

I am also on Anastrazole. Had my jab on Wednesday and no problems at all, thank goodness.

CassieB

I'm on Anastrozle after radio therapy in May this year. I had the jab yesterday and spent last night shivering until 3.00 am then got very hot (that could have something to do with the temperature outside of course). I've had this sort of reaction in previous years before any signs of cancer so I don't really think my medication had any affect.
ChristineR

Hi everyone
I think this years flu jab seems to have affected a few people as those I know who haven't been through Breast cancer have had mild side effects but they do wear off after a few days, still worth having it though.
I am now back to normal apart from se from Arimidex!!
Christine
Seabreeze

Hi all,
I had flu jab when I visited GP last week for check up re progress post radiotherapy. She recommended it saying given recovering from radio it really wouldn't be good to get flu. Was fine after, slight bump in arm but think that's quite normal. I've had it other years and have never had side effects. Hope that reassures anyone a bit apprehensive about having it.
seabbreeze
Atat

I've had flu jab this winter. No problem at all. Just remember to have it in you unaffected arm if you've had ANY surgery on your lymph nodes

Atat
Jenny065

Hello Everyone,  I thought i had got away with it,  but now have bit of the snuffles, and hoarse... and arm still aches a bit.  So it must this years version, being different.  O well makes a change from getting something from the gran kids. Hope you are all ok.

Huggles  Jenny.

ChristineR

Hi Carol
Thank you for asking, I am feeling a lot better now thank you. I have spoken to a couple of other people I know who have had symptoms too so it must be the particular strain they are using this year.
Christine
CAS45

Hi Christine,

How are you feeling now?  Have the effects of the flu jab wore off yet?

Carol

ChristineR

Hi jenny
Thank you for your reply. Take care.
Good luck to everyone xx
Jenny065

Hi,  I fall into both categories,  old and poor immune sustem.  So have had flu jab several years,and personnaly i would opt to have it  ,I  usually just get a red and slighlty swollen  stiff arm for a few days,  but I must say that i had this years on Thurs 2nd, and it is only today that it has stopped aching. but they do change the" ingredients"  most years as the virus changes,  So perhaps that is why it has hurt more.  Christine, I hope you will be ok very soon.

Take Care everyone.x

ChristineR

Hi
Thanks, maybe it is just me being under the weather. Hope you are ok after it.
Christine
SML1903

Hi. I have flu jabs every year as I am diabetic and today I had mine for this winter. I had surgery 4 weeks ago and when I asked my bc nurse if I should have it so soon after surgery she said it would be fine. I also have a wound infection and seroma and having antibiotics and the nurse said it was fine to have the jab. I dont usually have any side effects so hope it will be the same this year. Hope this helps.

ChristineR

Hi
I had to have the flu jab 4 years ago just before I had my chemo after my mastectomy and haven't had any side effects until now! I had this years flu jab on the 4th October and havent felt 100% since. I am hoping it wears off soon. I am also on Arimidex which makes me feel very tired and achy. Has anyone else had a flu jab this year and been affected by it?
Christine x
poemsgalore

It is standard to have a flu jab once you reach 60, or if you come into the category of being immunocompromised among other things. As someone who has a compromised immune system, I've had flu jabs every year since I was in my 50s. Never had any problems with mine, but I am aware that some people do have mild flu like symptoms and a bit of a sore arm. But I personally think that's better than getting full blown flu - especially if you are suffering already. Just my opinion, for what it's worth. Best wishes.

poemsgalore xx

Toulula

I have had letter too but I have read that you can feel ill after have enough to put up with at moo xx
CAS45

Flu jab

H,

I have been called in by my GP to have the flu-jab.  Never had this before.  I am 60 and had a single mastectomy in January, no radiation or chemo required.  Taking Anastrozole for 10 years.

Any one else on the same path been called in?

Carol