For India

For India

For India Hi India - Hope all well with you. Saw the onc on Thursday but the PET scan taken at St. Thomas’ does not confirm mets. He has given me a health warning, that sometimes these scans do not really show up what is there but for the time-being I am going to live with the perception that I do not have mets. He is going to start the chemo and see if the lungs respond to it. If they do not, they are not mets and he will ignore them.

In my wildest and most optimistic dreams I couldn’t have expected this news…I was led to believe that it was almost certain that the bc had spread.

I will keep popping back to this forum to check on how you are…our lives and experiences become so intertwined on these forums and I would really be interested in how your treatment goes…

Much love and hugs
Heather
x

great news Hi Heather,

I am so happy that you have had some good news-was thinking about you yesterday. Now you need to concentrate on looking after yourself through chemo.

I saw the surgeons yesterday, and have decided to go on our planned holiday before I go in for a lung biopsy. I get the impression that everybody is pretty shore the nodules will be malignant, but whilst there is any element of doubt, and because it changes my treatment so drastically, they will do the biopsy. So I will wait until the beginning of June for the surgery, but am seeing my onc next week. I ended up getting another opinion from a different hospital about the biopsy, as my oncology team did not think one was indicated. So I’m not very hopeful about the outcome, but need to know.

Please let me know how you get on-will you still pop into this forum, or use the younger womens-I look at both at the moment?

Take care, and much love,

India

Keep your chin up Hi India - your story is so similar to mine.

I had my best friend and partner with me at every discussion with my breast surgeon and onc. I was definitely being given the impression that the lungs were bad news…I had prepared myself for the bad news … everything else that could have caused the nodules was ruled out - they don’t look like pneumonia scars, they don’t look like chickenpox scars etc. The position of them indicated a connection.

Whilst I have to be aware that it may still be bad news as not all scans show what they are supposed to, I am going with the positive here and at least take comfort from the probability and chance that they are not malignant.

Enjoy that holiday - take comfort from what has happened to me - there is a chance at least. It is very unusual for both bc and mets to be dianosed at the same time.

I am crossing everything for you and you are constantly on my mind as I know exactly how you feel.

Much love and huge hugs
Heather
x