1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Kate

louise2

Re: For Kate

So sorry to hear such sad news; my sincere condolences to her family.

Guest user
Not applicable

Your words sum it up beautifully for me and for others I'm sure Julie. Thank you for finding the words to express all that I/we feel. Here's to Kate and those who are and will continue to be inspired by her.

juliet66

Everything I want to write seems so trite.
May all who know Kate recognise how truly inspirational her posts were to so many women.
They were so full of insight and everday wisdom. They offered support and practical help to those floundering in the wash of this crappy disease.
The minutae of her everyday life, whilst coping with all of this, proved an invaluable example of hope, intelligence and courage in the face of adversity.
I know Kate wondered why she was so revered. Well that is why. We wonder how we can cope with the everyday. She provided us with a living example.
Rest peacefully Kate. If your role was to make a difference, well you did.More than you will ever know. Julie x

lisaf

So sad, rest in peace! True inspiration x

Guest user
Not applicable

Along with so many others I am so, so sad to hear the news of Kates passing. Her love of her family was so well documented in her blog that I cannot imagine how sad they must be.
She was a special person who will be warmly remembered.
Alison

Guest user
Not applicable

What heartbreaking news. I was only reading Kates Blogg last night and thinking and wondering why there was no recent update and fearing it was because she was very ill. Oh Kate you will be missed by so many of us.
I loved the facebook chats and getting to know you. I have never spoken to anyone who was as brave as you. I just loved your sense of humour.
Will miss you, RIP Hun.Safe in the arms of Jesus now and no more pain.
Thoughts and prayers for your hubby, children and family.
Rxx

Lily200

what sad sad news about such a bright and lovely lady. Thinking of her family and friends on here as I know it will be a great loss to bear. Will be thinking of her starting the first day of her new blog in a better place with all our other BC friends that went ahead,
Lily x

Guest user
Not applicable

Very sad news.What a lady
Thlnking of her family
Rest in peace Kate
Jenny

Guest user
Not applicable

So very sad to hear this news, Kate was an inspiration to so very many and will be greatly missed on the forums. A truly courageous lady.
Rest in Peace Kate.x

Guest user
Not applicable

My condolences to Kate's family -- she was such a lovely and loving woman, and will be much missed.
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Rest In Peace Kate. My thoughts are with her family x

Guest user
Not applicable

Very sad to hear the news.

RIP kate
xx

JosieR

This is such sad news. My heart goes out to Kate's family, who must be feeling devastated right now.

Rest in Peace, Kate.

Jo x

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm so saddened to hear of Kate's passing. We met once, when she was staying with HeatherLou. She will be forever remembered by those who "knew" her from these boards and her blog.

I wish her family, husband and children strength and good memories of a lady who was an inspiration to us all.

Love also to HeatherLou who was a close friend of Kates and must be feeling her loss greatly now.

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just wanted to say how saddened i was to hear this news. Kate was such an inspiration to me. My thoughts go out to her family.

F
x

owls4eva

RIP Kate

So sad to read this news, condolences to her family she was such a special caring lady.

Karen

XX

Guest user
Not applicable

RIP Kate. This is so sad
sukes

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry to hear Kates passed away

Prayers to your family

Rip

Leslee x

Guest user
Not applicable

So sad to hear that Kate is no longer with us. Although I never met her I have never known anyone with such courage to put herself through such punishing chemo regimes in order to stay on this earth as long as possible. I salute you Kate. You will be so missed.

God Bless You
Linda
X

dotchas

Oh No! ,dreadfully sad news.When I was first diagnosed I came on here and read loads of threads and found Kates blog.It made me cry and laugh at the same time!She was a fabulous inspirational woman.She always had time to post words of support for others despite being very ill herself.Sadly she didn't manage another of her famous miraculous recoverys this time.
My thoughts are with her family at this time.
RIP Kate,
Love
Dot
xxx

mandy1978

My thoughts are with your family Kate.

May you Rest In Peace and suffer no more,

Forever in our thoughts,

Mandy x

AnneS

Have only just seen this and have tears streaming down and I only met Kate once just in mid Feb at the Bristol meet but feel privileged to have done so. She has helped me so much with her down-to-earth honesty, wisdom and inspirational determination. I hope that in time it may comfort her family to know what an impact Kate made on so many people on here and what a wonderful legacy to leave her family with her amazing blog although \i'm sure this will seem little comfort right now. I, as I'm sure many others so hoped that Kate would bounce back like she has so many times. Such a cruel disease. Kate will be sorely missed but remembered by so many.
What a special lady. My heart goes out to her family and friends at this time. Rest in peace Kate xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Rest in peace kate.
My thoughts to your family.
Love Reneexx.

Guest user
Not applicable

This is so, so sad. Rest in peace, Kate - you are truly a legend in my eyes.

My deepest sympathies to Kate's family, friends and those privileged to have known her.

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

such a brave lady -at peace.

Guest user
Not applicable

So sorry to hear the news of Kate's death. I never knew her but felt as though I did from reading her intelligent, wise and very caring posts. She really was an inspiration to so many. May she Rest in Peace.

rachy7

I have only just come on the site and I see that kate passed away yesterday half an hour after I left the hospice. I am so sad for her family. She gave me a card and a special memento before i left. i am so glad i saw her yesterday. The world is a darker place without Kate. She was my friend.

Rachy xxx

karen

Such very sad news, Kate was an inspiration to all of us.
My sincere condolences to Kates family and friends.
God Bless Kate x

nicky08
Community Champion

So very sad. Kate has been in my thoughts a lot recently and I was keeping up with her blog only this week. She always seemed to defy the odds and really was an inspiration to us all. I hope she is at peace now and my thoughts are with her family and friends.
Love
Nicky x

princess18

Words can not express how sad I was to hear the news of kate's passing. Like so many others I never knew her personally but she has truly been an inspiration to me for the past 2 years that I have been using these sites.

Such sad news, I am gutted for all her family and freinds and send them heartfelt condolances at this truly awful time.

R.I.P. Kate, goodnight and godbless xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

So So Sad.

Am thinking of you Kate and your family.

Am relieved we got to see you again.

It was an absolute honour to be a friend and fellow member of the GG.

Will toast you later along with M and L with our usual aussie red.

Love Debs XXXXXXX

Guest user
Not applicable

I felt so sad when I read Kate's blog this morning. It was as if I knew her but of course like a lot of people I only knew her through this site. She touched a lot of us more than we probably realised. Those of you who knew her personally must be devastated. She was a fighter if anyone was. I had so many lovely posts from her last year when Lisa was still fighting this damned disease .. Kate was so helpful and knew how we all felt.
Wherever she is now lets hope she is sorting them all out. I hope Lisa is with her because together they will take over!
Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

such sad news, her compassion came across in what she wrote ,my thoughts go out to her family and friends at this time.

Helen

Very, very sad to read about Kate's death, she will be greatly missed on the forums. My thoughts are with her family. Rest in peace Kate xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

So, so sorry to hear this news...much love to Kate's family.

dm1968

RIP Kate, you will be so sorely missed by everyone. Sadly we missed our meet the day you visited your sister, and I always thought we would manage it one day, but alas, that will never happen now.

Kate you have been such an inspiration to so many, and I will truly miss your posts and chats on bcc live chat.

Condolences to your family and friends.

Lots oflove
Dawn
xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

just found out about our brilliant, funny, busy, friend- I cant cry yet as working and when I start I wont be able to stop.

my dear friend- hope you find the rest of the gobby gang

xxxxxxsam

Guest user
Not applicable

Just read Kates blog and there was the news that I had been half expecting..half dreading to see
R.I.P Kate..I still remember meeting you at the Guildford meet..you were so easy to talk too and understood what I was going through. Yours posts were such a comfort to me.
I am so sad that we never managed to have that family day at Birdworld that we often talked about doing
Lots of love to you and your family
xx Jools

horace

Dear Kate will be remembered by so many of us for her wisdom,her wit and her inspirational courage which supported so many people.
May God hold her in the palm of His hand.
Rest now
Val

Guest user
Not applicable

I am so sadden to hear that another inspirational lady has passed away.
My thoughts & prayers with her family & friends.
RIP Kate
x

aroma

so sorry to mhear thius awful news ,she was such a wonderful lady and we recently met up in bristol ,sending love to the family god bless you kate ,sleep well with god xxx lynn

Bernie

A lovely, generous woman, so sorry to hear Kate has gone after such a long and sometimes terrifyingly difficult struggle to keep going no matter what - Kate, I salute you!

carolihne

This is just such sad news. My thoughts are with her family and freinds at this terrible time. Her suffering is over, her compassion, humour and wise words will live on in our memories.
God bless you Kate
Caroline

Sam_BCC

On behalf of all at Breast Cancer Care I would like to offer sincere condolences to all Kate's family and friends.

Kindest regards.

Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Guest user
Not applicable

Have been away the last couple of weeks and was thinking of Kate a lot over that time, hoping that she was comfortable. So sad to be back and read this news.

She will be very much missed by all who knew her.

Kay x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
I have followed Kates blog since my own diagnosis last year and am so sad to read that her fight has come to an end.

Rest in peace with the angels Kate, you were an inspiration to us all.

Andie

Guest user
Not applicable

I read her blog a few hours ago - I never met Kate but always took the time to answer my queries about my Mum when she was diagnosed and me and my mum really appreciated it. Even when my mum passed away couple of months ago I still came on to the site to see how Kate was doing.

I hope you are at peace now, thanks for everything you did you truly were amazing!

Vicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I have just read Kate's blog and I am so very sad to read that Kate is no longer with us.
I was very lucky to meet Kate in Bristol with the other ladies and she was just as I had imagined. A truly lovely gentle soul. I send my condolences to her family at this very sad time.
R.I.P. Kate and thank you for all the kind words that we have shared on this forum and bc pals.
Love Debsxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Such sad news, I only met Kate about six weeks ago at the Bristol meet, she was such an inspiration. Love to all your family and friends, rest in peace

Lesley xx

belinda

Rest in Peace Kate..my sincere condolences to your family..Love Belinda..x