Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Kate

114 REPLIES 114
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: For Kate

It's been nearly a month now. I keep finding myself checking her blog, sort of in the vain hope that it might not have been true and she might pop up with tales of her various exploits or bodily functions.
Though I met her just the once, at Southampton chemo clinic, I did look in on her blog every now to see what she'd been up to. I was particularly impressed by how she maintained her sense of humour, wrote an interesting blog and was always willing to help and advise others. I feel sure she didn't realise how much she'd be missed.
My condolences to her family and friends.
mousy

Guest user
Not applicable

I am deeply deeply sorry to learn this wonderful, caring and giving person has gone. She always replied to my posts, and reassured me, even when she herself was fighting so damned hard.

A truly amazing woman, who I must imagine leaves a huge hole in the hearts of those who were lucky enough to know her in person and share freindship, she certainly left an impression on me and that was just through these message boards.

Sweet dreams Kate, whole and well again on the other side, and waiting to be reunited with all those you love and left behind.

Nikki

Like Fay I have been hesitating to write as couldn't find the words to convey how much Kate has been my inspiration. I will miss her posts so much. I wish the world outside these forums her friends and family could have known what an amazing person she was. It's people like Kate who deserve medals for the support wisdom and kindness she has shown to the people on here. I will never forget you Kate Eileen xx

Guest user
Not applicable

For Kate and her family,
I've read and digested these forums for about 5 years now, since my own diagnosis, but have rarely posted.The real reason I haven't posted before is that I have 11 year old boy/girl twins who will be turning 12 next week. Kate I wanted to talk to you but missed the chance. my fault, sorry Sarah

Guest user
Not applicable

I have been thinking for a long time on what to write.

Kate was a very special and caring person and was always there to offer people great help, support and advice.
She will be sadly missed. She is with the angels now, where she belongs.
RIP Kate you will be missed by all who had the pleasure to get to know you.
Love
Fay x x

I've just got back from holiday and learned this very sad news. As others have said, even though we knew this was going to happen it's still a shock.

I never met Kate apart from on these forums but was always really impressed that despite really ill herself she always found the time to help and advise other people - myself included - via the forums.

My condolences to her family and friends especially the children.

Rest in peace Kate.

Anthi x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks James, it's incredibly moving. When I hear her voice like this, I still have trouble believing she's gone.

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate was a wonderful person and I don't think that 'Dippy' really did her justice. My condolescences, of course, to her family. She will be missed.

Guest user
Not applicable

Very sorry to read this news. R.I.P. Kate.

Dahlia

Guest user
Not applicable

i have been away and come back and seen this and it just makes me so desperately sad for Kate and her family and her children, she wanted to stay with her family for as long as possible and put up with so much, all the while being a help for the rest of us.

CathyX

Guest user
Not applicable

God bless you Kate, my thoughts are with her family and friends.

Lynni xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yep thanks from me too.

xxsam

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks James im sure that would have meant alot to kate
she will be sadly missed by the gobby gang as are lyn and moira.
x

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks James

Kate did tell all us GG lot re interview but I had trouble locating it at the time and missed it, found it very emotional listening to Kate's voice again but at same time glad I got the opportunity. She was very pleased with the interview and so agree with the other coments that it is a very thoughtful gesture.

Debs XX

Guest user
Not applicable

My condolences to Kate's family.

Nipper x

Thanks Belinda. x

Hi, Kate's blog is here.. http://dippykate.blogspot.com/

Thanks for that James. I didn't know Kate, either from the forum or real life, but have read her thread and she just came across as such a wonderful friend to everyone on there. I listened to the interview and this came across in that as well. I send my sincere sympathy to her family and friends, of which she must have had so many. Pat x
PS I believe she had a blog, could anyone point me in the direction of it please?

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you so much James. I remember Kate talking about the interview..and the editing..she would be so pleased you were doing this in her memory.

I 'met' Kate in cyber space shortly after her diagnosis in 2005, and she subsequently became a real life friend. I miss her.

Jane

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to express our own condolences from everyone at Breast Cancer Care to Kate’s family and friends. We all noted dippykate and what she brought to the board and her passing is very sad news indeed.

Personally, I was lucky enough to meet Kate in December 2007 for an interview that we broadcast as part of our January 2008 podcast. My colleague, Tara Beaumont, had spoken with Kate many times before and along with her, I visited Kate at her home and spoke to her about what it was like for people living with secondary breast cancer; the problems one faces, day-to-day living and how it affects family and friends.

Listening to her that day was an emotional experience and one I’ll never forget. When we interviewed Kate, we spoke with her about what we would do, when this unfortunate day came. She signed over responsibility for the recordings to us and told us she was happy for the interview to be heard by anyone.

With this in mind, we’re going to provide the link below to our January 2008 podcast. Kate wished us to share her thoughts with people and we feel it’s right to do so today. Please do be aware, this is an emotional piece of audio.

The links are below - if you click the link for the MP3 file you can download it to your computer and listen to it whenever you like. You can also access a PDF transcript of the podcast/interview on the second link.

To end on a positive note, it is so touching to see so many of you posting on this thread and that Kate meant so much to so many people. To my mind, it really reinforces the benefits of you all - our community - to people affected by breast cancer and it’s a fitting tribute to her character that this thread is already so long.

My best wishes to everyone,

James.

Guest user
Not applicable

I read of Kate's death on Saturday but have only now felt able to post. I knew her through these forums and I have to say she seemed invincible. So, even though she was in the hospice, it was a shock to learn she had died. I just thought she would go on and on. Lots of thoughts to her husband and children. Relatives and
friends.
Ena

Guest user
Not applicable

so sad to hear that Kate has passed away.A very strong and brave lady who inspired many others.She is a true angel

Guest user
Not applicable

I was so so sorry to hear that Kate has lost her battle with this dreadful illness. Sending my condolences to her family and friends, she was truely a very special person.

My heart goes out to all family and friends Helenxx

This is so sad, Kate seemed almost indestructable with her fighting spirit and sheer determination never to give in.

May you all find comfort knowing that she is free from pain and her shining spirit will live on in all who love her.

AJxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Such sad news. Thinking of Kates family and friends.

No more pain, sleep peacefully Kate

Kimxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I didn't know Kate personally and have never had this dreaded disease (despite many scares). I followed Kate's blog and hoped that, as in the past, she would bounce back yet again. With others I can't really believe she has gone - RIP Kate and I hope your family will draw strength from all these comments about a truly wonderful, strong and inspirational lady.

Crehensal (Jan)

I'm so gutted - I just don't know what to say.
I am so very sad. Kate, it was privelege to meet you on here and in London last year, and share a bit of your journey with you. Thank you for all your wise and encouraging words. Rest in peace.
I send my deepest sympathies to her family - I can't imagine how you feel. My thoughts and prayers have been and continue to be with you.
Jacquie

Am so,so sad to hear that Kate has passed away. I never knew her personally but what an amazing, brave and compassionate lady she was.

She was so helpful to me when I first joined this site two years ago even though she was going through such an awful time herself. She was a special lady who will be missed by so many.

I send my sincere condolences to Kate's family and friends.

Sleep peacefully dearest Kate

My deepest condolences to all your family and friends.

Judy xxxxx

She was such an inspiration to so many of us, I just don't know what to say.
Bless her and her young children, husband and family.
RIP no more suffering now

Guest user
Not applicable

I am so sorry too - and send my condolences to her family qnd friends- there will e such a huge gap on this site jaynex

Guest user
Not applicable

Just to add my thoughts and wishes to Kates family and friends.
She posted to me a few times with sage advice and was always the voice of reason.
I followed her blog and found the news there from her neice.
Best wishes to all her friends and family, although I never met her I always thought of her as a force of nature.
God Bless Kate.
S x

Guest user
Not applicable

I am so sorry to read that Kate has died. She touched so many lives and was so generous in the time and emotion that she gave to others. An extraordinary woman.
I am thinking of her family and sending them love.
xx

I read Kate's blog yesterday with great sadness, no sod it, with tears streaming down my eyes.

Kate was a great inspiration to me from the first time I 'chatted to her' here in 2005.

RIP Kate and *hugs* for all your family and friends.

Love Carole xxx

That was absolutely right Gillian

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm so incredibly sad to read of Kate's death. I didn't know her, but have read so many of her posts and recognise how supportive she has been to others despite her own situation. I look up to her in awe!

Kate will be missed by so many people - her conversations here showed something I find it hard to put my finger on - it's about solidarity with others. It was quite extraordinary and wonderful.

Kate lives on within us all one way or another. Despite not knowing Kate or interacting with her directly, I shall miss her very much.

My sincere condolences to her family.

Gill

Guest user
Not applicable

Deepest sympathy for all of Kate's relatives and friends.

Rest in Peace Kate.

Love Debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate was also so inspirational to me, what an amazing lady.
She supported so many of us even when she was so very sick.

I, along with the rest of us will miss her posts so much.

Rest in peace Kate and my deepest sympathy to family and friends.

Jan xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Don't really know what to say except that I'm sure many people found comfort in the way she lived her life to the full, despite her prognosis and her limitations. She was truly an inspiration to me since my diagnosis last year.

As you say Celeste, 'she was a truly exceptional lady'.

RIP Kate and my thoughts to her family.

Mal x

Guest user
Not applicable

I've just seen this, and I am shocked. We all knew Kates prognosis and yet time and time again she seemed to bounce back from the brink. She was so determined that cancer was going to have to fight her for every bit of life it took - and indeed she gave it a damned good fight, long after i think i would have given up. When we met at Bristol a few weeks ago, I asked her how on earth she managed this, she simply replied that she had always been a very determined person, as she was in living she was also in dying. I know her family and particularly her young children were also a major factor.

She squeezed out every inch of life, and I will miss her honesty and her reality - telling it like it is, and I'm still not sure I really believe it.

Rest in peace Kate, and all my best wishes to her family, she was truly an exceptional lady.

I echo what everybody else has said about Kate and how extremely brave and courageous she was throughout everything that was thrown at her. I looked back at some threads and Kate was one of the people who showed an immense amount of support during the awful time she was having - she still had time for others.

I will miss Kate so much and almost can't believe she won't be posting anymore.

You were a very special woman Kate.
All my condolences to Kate's family and friends.
Ruby xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Cant add too much to the lovely comments, memories and thoughts people have already shared on here. I think Kate was an extremely brave lady who had that rare quality of being able to put so many other people ahead of herself ... from her blogsite its obvious how she wanted to carry on sharing her thoughts and views even though she was going through such an horendous time herself.

I understand that her children are still very young, and I hope that they have the opportunity in the future of being able to read all the lovely words that have been written about their mum .....

Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

Like everyone else I am so very sad to hear this news. Kate was a star. My sincere sympathy to her friends and family, who are going to miss her so very much.

Rest in Peace Kate, and thanks for everything.

Dilys

Guest user
Not applicable

Very, very sorry to read this. My thoughts are with Kates family and friends at this sad time.

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Love to all the family, that is all I can say.

From Terry & Kathy in Spain

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Kate's advice and positive attitude really helped us cope with my mum's illness. RIP Kate and heartfelt sympathy to her family and friends.

Lynn x

I am so sad. Kate was truly an inspiration to many people - I followed her blog and posts on here.
Goodbye and God Bless.
My heart and deepest sympathy go to her husband, children, family and friends.

Love

Anne

Guest user
Not applicable

Kate, you will be missed. RIP
nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

Really sad to read this. Thinking of your family
shirl X