For clemy (menopause)

For clemy (menopause)

For clemy (menopause) Hi Clemy,
I’m 43 and finished chemo in Oct and haven’t had a period since. I’m getting hot flushes at night but nothing bad, I just throw the covers off until I cool down.
Did your oncologist not mention to you before you started chemo that having chemo could bring on an early menopause?
I was told before hand so expected it but like yourself I’m not bothered that they’ve stopped.
Good luck. Shell.

PS Your profile says north & midlands, are you near middlesbrough?

hi, had periods till my 3rd chemo and have seen nothing since. finished rads in june.
sharon. x

Periods Hi there

I am 39 and finished Chemo in July. I had a heavy period in August before starting Radiotherapy and Tamoxifen and then they stopped. However, my period came back with a vengence this week so I guess everything is functioning!!

Sandra

for Shell Hi Shell
Thanks for message - I do remember my oncologist mentioning that my periods would stop but at 41 wasn’t sure whether they’d return again.

Any how -who cares better than having 3 ‘off days’ every month hee hee.

I’m actually near Leeds so not as far up as Middlesbrough - maybe we’ll meet sometime on an organised day,

Anyhow, best wishes to everyone for Christmas and a happy and HEALTHY new year. Much Love to you all you’ve all been a great help -CLEMY X

Hi girls

I finished chemo/radio in June this year and my periods started with a vengence!! Had one each month for three months and the hot flashes stopped completely…I have had no period since October and the hot flashes have returned (they are bearable though).

I am 38 so dunno wether this is ‘it’. i understand it can take up to two years for the body to recover so there is time yet I guess!!!

Have a good New Year and stay healthy xxx
Wanasxxx