For my nan a few years on post surgery bra advice

Hello, 

I’m looking for some advice on post surgery bras for my nan. She had breast cancer a couple of years ago and had a lumpectomy then radiotherapy. After the radiotherapy was finished I believe she had a meeting with a breast care nurse but wasn’t offered a prosthesis as there wasn’t much tissue loss. A few years on her breast tissue has shrunk due to the radiotherapy treatment, and her breast is now half the size of the other and she no longer feels comfortable. What I’m asking really is can we go back to the hospital for a prosthesis being so long after the surgery or would we have to sort it ourselves? We live in Norwich and I’m finding it hard looking for where we would get one if we can’t go back to the hospital. Im getting married next year and I want her to feel comfortable in what shes wearing on the day, and not shy away from photos.

Any advice would be appreciated, sorry its a long first post!

Thanks

Hello Daisy10

Welcome to the forums, you’ve come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

If you or your nan would like to talk to someone in confidence you may like to phone our helpline where you can talk to a member of staff who are there to support you. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Daisy I am in a similar position and have found the soft bras from Asda absolutely great. They have padded inserts which are removable but I find they even up my lip sidedness really well. They are the only bras I have felt comfortable in since my treatment ended last year. I hope that helps your Nan. Good luck with your wedding plans x

Just looked on the website and they are called Comfort Bras x