Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For rosie

3 REPLIES 3
Sue H-S
Community Champion

Re: For rosie

Hi RosieFLower,

I hope everything has gone well for you today on your first chemo session and that you are ok.

You may, if you have not already done so, wish to pop in on the June 2016 chemo thread - here is the link -

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/June-2016-starters/m-p/1017898...

It may help you with regards to any side effects you are experiencing, as this very lively thread is happy to share their personal experiences, as well as some tips and tricks how to overcome them, too.

There is also another thread - on the Chemotherapy board - https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy/Chemotherapy-Tips-and-Tricks/m-p/1017289#U1017...

where you can find out quite a few thoughts and ideas of how to deal with your chemo and how to stay as well as possible throughout it. 

Everyone reacts a little differently to chemo and of course the type of chemo may also have different challenges. Now on day 8 after my 2nd FEC - and have been doing amazingly well. I have been very, very lucky so far.

Hugs

Sue xxx

Lucy Lu

It is really hard but you will find it better on d you start the chemo. The waiting is the worse. You will be fine.
RosieFlower

Thanx. Don't know why but feeling quiet anxious about the first chemo Friday. The double mastectomy surgery didn't bother me (guess maybe because i'm a nurse and nursed many a patient after surgery and know you get slowly better), but as you say its the unknown with this - I'm trying really hard to be upbeat mentally as physically i'm great, considering its only 6 weeks post - op. But thankyou thankyou for your reassurance - its a hard unknown road to begin with isn't it! x
Lucy Lu

For rosie

Rosie I have had four - 3 FEC and one T. I have two T to go and I feel good. It really isn't as bad as you think it is. It is the fear of the unknown but don't forget not everyone will get all the side effects. I think it helps if you are prepared and take medicines to counteract the side effects as soon as they happen. Stay on top of it and don't suffer any side effect without asking gp for something to deal with it. Good luck with the rest of your treatment