Found a lump - referred to breast clinic but have a 2 week wait!

Hi there, I am 30 years old with two children 1 of which I am still breastfeeding (14 months old) I have been breastfeeding for the last 4 years! I was feeding my son three nghts ago - felt a bit of a pain in my left breast - went to give it a rub and to my horror felt a hard lump halfway between my armpit and breast - it is a definate lump - so I came down and asked my husband to feel it and yes he could feel it too - I went straight to the doc the next morning who felt my breast and felt the lump - he said oh I wouldnt worry as you are breast feeding but reffered me to the breast clinic - I have been told their earliest appointment is the 20th of Nove so 13 days away!!! I am absolutely terrified - if it is cancer do you think another 2 week wait will make any difference? I have had blocked ducts before and this is totally different - its hard and solid and about the size of a kidney bean - any advice would be greatly appreciated - I have no family history of BC in my family - kindest regards from a rather anxious mommy xxxxx

Dear karlarix,

Welcome to the forum.  I am sorry you are feeling so frightened.  I’m sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support.

You could also give our helpline a call.  They’ll be able to offer you some practical information as well as emotional support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator