Found a lump...

Hiya Everyone

My name is Debbie I am 39 and discovered a lump yesterday morning.I have been lucky enough to see my doctor today and he confirmed that there was a lump about 2.5-3cm big,it does feel much bigger than that.
Any way like everyone else on here I am so worried,I just cant help thinking the worst. All I have done is cry since I have found the lump.
The doctor told me that I will have to wait about 3-4 weeks for an appointment,how do I carry on as normal?
I have three children and a brilliant husband.My eldest daughter is 23 and I told her this afternoon,did not take it too well…
I havent told my parents yet.My brother lost his partner 4 months ago and he is finding it really hard bringing up his 5 year daughter…
This has got to be the worst feeling ever.

Debbie x

Hi Debbie

Has your doctor put you forward as an urgent referral, if so you should be seen within 2 weeks (government guidelines). I would ring him tomorrow and ask if it is urgent, if not, why does he not think so.

Also remember that most lumps are benign. I do know how you feel though I was exactly the same this time last year. Your mind will play havoc with you, try to keep busy and dont forget to ring docs.

Speak to you soon
Yvonne xxx

Hi Yvonne
I dont know he wasnt my usual doctor,think he was in more shock that me!
was not reassuring at all.I will ring doctors in the morning,cant stop crying so scared!

Hi Debbie,

Im sorry you are going through this. I do understand how you are feeling. I have my appointment at the clinic on Wednesday and the wait and not knowing is awful. I have also been tearful off and on.

I agree with Yvonne about calling the doctor.

Im thinking of you
Juliet x

I think that its probably the shock of it all, you ring the docs first thing and let us know how you get on.

Sending you big (((((((hugssss)))))))

Yvonne xxx

Thank you Ladies
will let you know how I get on.Is it a bad thing if he has referred me as urgent.Would weight loss have any thing to do with this?

Hi Debbie

This must be a very worrying time for you, you’ll get loads of support here from people who know exactly what you are going through. But you might also find it helpful to read breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=70 which explains about changes in the breast and breast awareness.
If you are feeling upset or panicky and want to talk to someone who understands what you are going through then do give our helpline a call. Everyone working on our helpline either has experience of breast cancer, or is a breast care nurse, and has an excellent knowledge of breast cancer issues. They are on 0808 800 6000 and are open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Saturday, 9am - 2pm

Take care. BCC forums are here to help you.

Ann

Hi again

Last year I lost quite a bit of weight quite quickly and was left with fatty deposits. That was why I was referred to the clinic in the first place. They were confirmed. My problem was found because of that so it was lucky for me. It was nothing to do with the fatty things they found something else (which couldnt be felt) so if I hadnt gone when I did I would have had more problems than I did. Im not trying to scare you cos maybe yours could be fatty deposits.

It is a good thing if he refers you as urgent. You will be dealt with quickly whatever the problem is. Read through these threads, I think it will put your mind at rest that it is quite normal to be referred within 2 weeks and lots of breast problems are benign.

Take care of yourself

Yvonne xx

Hi everyone
Rang doctors this morning ,had to go into work kept missing her phone call.Didnt stop crying in work.My sister then rang to say that I could see someone tomorrow if I paid.so I decided to pay ,really cant take no more of not knowing.My appointment is at 5.15pm in Cardiff,still very scared.
Spoke to my doctor this afternoon and told her and she agreed.She said herself that the wait is unbearable.
So tomorrow is my big day.still cant believe that I am going through this.

Debbie x

Thats what I like to see. A woman who doesnt mess about!!! Good luck for tomorrow hun.

Let us know how you get on.

Yvonne xx

Thanks Yvonne
just want to say that I glad I came across this site,because I feel that it has helped me
Thinking of you all tomorrow who have appointments,hope we all have a good result.

Love and best wishes to you all.

Debbie

p.s will be back tomorrow.x

Hi Debbie

Got my fingers and toes crossed for you, hope it all goes well.

Jackie xx

Good luck Debbiexx

Wish you well for tomorrow…

Zena

Thanks to everyone who wished me good luck for today,your support really helped.Went to Cardiff ,traveling was awful,every thought possible was going through my mind,what would i do if they tell me it is cancer?
I arrived early went for a mammogram straight away,then had to wait to see the doc.Called me in asked me a few questions then had a feel,told me that he was going to insert a needle i thought he was going to do a biopsy.he then said to me have a feel,with that it had gone! the relief was so over whelming it was worth paying.I havent got loads of money,but it was so worth it.(living on toast for the rest of the month)

I would say to anyone,If they can to go private,just for piece of mind.In total it cost £270.00.

I wish everyone who is on here,all the luck in the world.I know that I am really lucky,and my heart goes out to you all.

Debbie x

Debs, What fantastic good news - I’m so pleased for you. It’s funny that we don’t think twice about spending £270 on having the car serviced - but when it comes to our own health… puts things a bit into perspective.

All the very best to you.

Hugs
Anneli

Hi Debbie just been reading your posts, so pleased that everything has turned out ok for you. Open a bottle and celebrate and get a good nights sleep.
Love Sandra

Hi Debbie

Congratulations!! Well worth the money eh. Enjoy your toast lol!!

Hi Debbie
Congratulations, that’s the best £270 you will ever have spent, and great result.
Caz x