Found a lump

Hi everybody I am so sorry for posting on here but, over the last few days been reading your forums. About 5 days ago I have found 2 lumps in one breast. They do not hurt at all but, an oblong shape and very hard. I always check my boobs regularly as I have a large chest as I am a very large lady so I do come with big boobs lol. This has got me worried but, I just want to get xmas out of the way and then sort it even though I am very worried about it. I have managed to book a drs appt for the 27th Dec and just really wanted to know if there were others in my situation and if they were oblong shape surely this is nothing to worry about. Thanks.

Hi Michelleann

I’m sorry to read that you are having a worrying time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime if you need to talk this through do give the BCC helpline a call and to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hello Michellann
It seems a long time to wait until 27th Dec to see your GP. I personally would visit your doctors surgery in person and explain to the receptionist that you would like an emergency appointment. That way you will have a bit more peace of mind instead of waiting all that time with the fears and doubts lurking in your mind.
Be strong and go today . Sending you big hugs Tracy xxx

Hi Michelleann,

I too agree with Tracy. That is a long time to wait to see your GP, I know it is a difficult time of year - the Christmas rush, but it really is better to get checked sooner rather than later.
A small number of presentations at the breast clinic turn out to be cancer, predominantly most ‘abnormalities’ are benign.
As to ‘shapes and sizes’ of lumps It can be difficult for us to interpret exatly what they are; harmless or not,
So, try to get an earlier appointment with your GP. Do not be alarmed if s/he says urgent, that is normal procedure and you should be seen (Christmas permitting) within a 2 week time-frame at the hospital.
Keep in touch with the ladies on here and ask away with any questions you may have.
Best wishes
WS

Bumping to the top for Michelleann to let us know what she has decided. Love and hugs Tracy xxx

Hi, understand that you Want Xmas out of the way but it would be best to be in the system as soon as you can.
You might even get a referral date quicker for seeing a breast clinic which will help you to stop worrying.
You will find that the worst part is the waiting for appointments or results,
But at least you can be reassured that you will get excellent support and advice.
Your GP will no doubt fast track your referral as urgent, that seems to be standard so don’t panic.
Hope all goes well
Maggie x

Hi All I hope you all had a good xmas. Well I have finally been to the doctors and he is hopeful it is nothing to worry about but, has referred me to the breast clinic for tests but, after what he said I am very hopeful. Thank you for your concerns. Michelle x