Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found a new lump....

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Found a new lump....

Hi Melba
I had good news my swelling is inflamatory due to an infection but they are not sure what kind so they are doing more tests on the tissue but assure me there is no cancer and are keeping an eye on it, my rads finished on Tues so only got Herceptin every 3 weeks now so hopefully can get back on track with my life, thankyou for asking

Hi Phardy
How did your biopsy go i hope you had good news, how many pups did she have, ive got a 13yr old collie x and he has helped me so much i would'nt be without him..

Love Mizzy xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Carol and everyone

I have passed you comments about hours to the helpline team. They tell me they are looking at the possibility of extending their opening hours and very much value your feedback

Best wishes

Ann

Highlighted

This is only a comment not a criticism of the helpline, but wouldn't it be good if this was a 24 hour service. I have always found the early hours of the morning the worst when I have felt worried about my cancer.

It sounds as if Phardy would have appreciated the support out of hours. Still I suppose that is what this forum is about, supporting each other.

Good news Phardy, enjoy your patter of Labrador paws.

Carol

Highlighted

Hi Mizzy

How' d it go today?

Hope you ok

Luv Mel x

Phardy

That's good news! Labrador are lovely!

Love Mel x

Highlighted

Hi Phardy
Ive just read your posts and im having a similar time to you, i had WLE and AXC in Sept 07 7/21 nodes involved, ive had 3 x Fec and 3 x Tax finishing in Feb 08, 25 Rads the last one being yesterday ( Tue ) im also on Herceptin and had 6/18, i found a red patch a couple of weeks ago which my onc was not worried about but kept an eye on, then i could feel a swelling just under the skin ( below the red patch ) , my onc sent me to the breast clinic last thursday and the doc like my onc said he didn,t think it was anything sinister but made me an app for mam / ultrasound to be sure i went tues morning ( the same day as last rads ) had mam / scan / biopsy, i go back on thursday ( is that the same day as you? ) for the results
GOOD LUCK LOVE MIZZY XXXX

Highlighted

Thats brilliant news! I hope your lab has an easy time of her labour. Have you got homes for all the pups yet?

Highlighted

Saw my Consultant last night and for the first time since I was diagnosed last year.... some good news.

My Consultant was pretty sure (90%) that the lump is benign and a fatty lump - I have mammogram and Ultra-sound on Thursday by which time the biopsy results should also be back to confirm this.

Thanks for all your support on here and thank goodness for fatty lumps! What a huge relief and I hope others on here can soon share some of my good luck!

So back to tending my very pregnant labrador who is due tomorrow so waiting for the patter of tiny paws feeling a lot happier!

Thanks folks

Highlighted

Hi Phardy

How did it go today?

Love Mel x

Highlighted

Hi Phardy

Just wanted to say the helpline will open tomorrow from 9am to 5pm. It may help to talk things through so please feel free to use it. The number to call is freephone 0808 800 6000.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Sam
BCC Facilitator

Highlighted

Sorry that you have founda new lump. I discovered mine on a Saturday morning and had to wait for Monday to come before I could get an appointment with the GP. I hope that you manage to get a quick appointment and also that things work out well and this latest lump is nothing to worry about.

Highlighted

Hi Phardy

Try to pick your spirits up, I have had a 2nd recurrence (skin mets) and my onc have said there are many treatments available to try. My breast nurse have also said they can use previous chemo's again, I did'nt go into the conversation with her. But I am not curable but there are many drugs available to keep it at bay.

Thinking of you let us know how you go tomorrow, we are here for each other

Love Mel xxx

Highlighted

Thanks to all for your help - feeling pretty desperate, but this all helps - keep telling myself that they can work wonders now, but I was told that if I still had breast cancer after all the treatment (6 x FEC, 6 x Taxotoere, 30 x rads and 18 Herceptin) then there was very little more they can do so I am hoping to be told that it is a cyst or something inconsequential, but perhaps I am clutching at straws.

You lot on here are an inspiration!!!

Thank you!

Highlighted

Taffy123,

May I ask did you have any other treatment but the Herceptin when you found the 2nd lump?

Highlighted

Hi Phardy,

I too found a lump in my remaining breast after three years since my original cancer. My first bc was in my right breast, a large lump like yours. I had a mastectomy and all was well until two years ago when I found this new lump, this time in my left breast, my only breast. Yes, it was bc again, a new primary this time. I was put on Herceptin and it cleared up the cancer. The lump disappeared and after scans of my breast no cancer could be found. Unfortunately, I then had a recurrence in my old scar and am now on Capcetabine along with Herceptin.

If your lump turns out to be cancer again then don't despair. I am sure there will be something they can do. It may not even be bc again but a cyst or fibroadenoma. If it is then there are other chemos you can have. Just because you've had one or two lots doesn't mean that you can't have a different chemo this time. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow.

love
Sue

Highlighted

Very sorry you're so worried, Phardy. Hope your team can see you very quickly. I had a recurrence nearly 3 years ago, but in such different circumstances that I'm not sure my experience would be helpful. Try to hold on to the fact that even though you've had cancer, it's still quite possible for you to get a non-cancerous breast lump. I've seen plenty of posts from people who've found new lumps after bc only to be told that they are benign.

I'll be thinking of you and hope to see good news after your appointment.

Kathy xxx

Highlighted

Found a new lump....

Afternoon all,

I am just wondering if anyone can offer any advice as I am feeling pretty desperate.

I had chemo - mastectomy (10cm cancer removed 12 from 23 of my lymphs infected) and more chemo which finished in December 2007 and I am still having Herceptin.

Yesterday I found a new lump in my one remaining Breast and whilst I check all the time the new lump is feeling quite large already (around 2cm) my first one grew to 10cm in no time at all!!

Obviously the Helpline does not work today (I was away celebrating my 40th last night althouhg birthday was at Christmas) and I cannot find any comfort anywhere - They did tell me that if I still had breast cancer after my 12 lots of chemo then there is very little more they can do other than try to keep it at bay.

Does anyone know please or can anyone offer any information please.... bad or good whilst I wait for my appointment tomorrow.