Found lump and have pain! Advice please!

About 5 weeks ago whilst in the shower I found a lump in the side of my left breast. About the size of a grape with some smaller knobbly bits near it. As times gone on its become easier to find and I do have aching coming from the area, also aching in my armpit and arm. Occasionally the pain will be a sharp pain in the lump area. The lump moves but feel fixed, I t moves if I move it. I went to the doctors the same week I found it, who referred me to the breast clinic. I’ve heard nothing so rang them today and there is about another 8 weeks to wait! Already waited 4. I’m very worried and the waiting is really hard! Has anyone got advice on these symptoms? The combination of a lump and pain has panicked me. Also anyone experienced waiting times this long? I live in Cardiff.
Thank you xx

Hi Hayley1983

Welcome to the forum.  I’m sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support. 

You might also find it helpful to talk this over with one of our Helpliners.  They will be able to offer you some information and support.  They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator