Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found lump and have pain!

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Found lump and have pain!

What a pain.I can't believe you have to wait so long. they can't think it is something to be concerned about that is the only explanation .
Highlighted

So been to the doctors, they can't bring the appointment forward. Ah well, just have to wait. The pain at the moment isn't quite as bad as it was :-/ Just the occasional niggle and ache, where as before it was bad enough for pain killers. Don't know what's going on in there!!
Highlighted

Very true, you can really sympathise with everyone in the same boat! It's very hard, even though it could be nothing serious it's still a worry!
I really hope your results are all clear and you get them on time Tuesday! Not long to wait now x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Hayley,

You are a model employee not a nuisance, with that track record...don't be so hard on yourself! Hopefully the doctor will get you seen sooner or be able to reassure you that they don't think it's serious and the 12 week wait is ok. It is a long time to wait though, so maybe they have and 'urgent' list and a 'probably nothing serious' list or something.

I hope to get my biopsy results on Tuesday, as long as the summer holidays don't delay the path lab, waiting is definitely very difficult….you just don’t think about all the people going through stuff like this until it’s your turn to wait!

Amanda

Highlighted

Hi, yeah my boss knows what it's about, told her before my first doctors appointment. It's ok, just made to feel like I'm being abit of a nuisance! I never have time off so I don't feel too bad about it. I'll only be gone an hour and haven't been off for over 3 years (apart from holidays!)
Yes I'm hoping the doctor can bring my referral appointment forward as it's currently a 12 week wait! Maybe the doctor thinks it's nothing to worry about :-/ they said come back if there's any changes or the lump hasn't gone after my period
Highlighted
Community Champion

Paracetomol for the pain is a good idea, take a normal dose and regularly for it to work best. You must be allowed time for the appointment but I know in a small business you kind of feel quilty but hey; if they know what is was about, I'm sure they would rather be hetic doing your job as well, than being in your shoes...the worry is mind blowing. I'm not suggesting you should tell why you're going if you don't feel that it is appropriate, if you get any looks about taking time off you could just say "I would much rather being at work than at the appointment". Are you seing your GP and hoping they will get you a quicker clinic appointment?

Amanda x

Highlighted

I have told the clinic yes but would need at least a couple of days notice to book the time off work :-/ fingers crossed for the doctors, if no joy I'll just have to wait. I may start taking paracetamol for the pain in the meantime x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes I think your G.P should be able to push for more urgent appt.Most women seem to get seen in a couple of weeks from what I've read on here .Have you told clinic you will accept cancellation .Your boss,doesn't sound very understanding.
Highlighted

I have booked an appointment for next Tuesday morning. Doesn't help that I'm having problems with my boss getting the time off to go!! I work as a receptionist for a small business so it's very hard getting any time off without being made to feel bad! Anyway, anyone think the doctor can even get me seen quicker? I'm thinking they'll just say I'll have to wait! The pain at times now is very painful in my armpit and upper arm, lump still there! X
Highlighted

Hi
Sorry you are having this worry. I have been told by nurses that pain is not usually a sign of breast cancer. A few months ago I was suffering with sharp pain in my left breast and was worried I could have a lump deep in my breast that I couldnt feel as pain was always in the same area. Had breast clinic appt and ultrasound just showed swollen glands that were causing the pain. Was advised to take epo daily and its really worked. Pain has gone. Its terrible you are having this long wait as I had my appt 3 weeks after referral. Keep pestering them!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes ,make a nuisance of yourself!!You could tell clinic you will accept cancelation ,it's a long time to have such a worry hanging over you.
Highlighted

I've rang the clinic and they said as they aren't busy unfortunately there is a long wait! I will go back to the GP and hopefully they can try and get me seen sooner! Thanks for the advice
Highlighted

Hi Hayley

I am sorry to read that you have this worry, along with the support here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns through, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here's a link to the BCC information about referral to a breast clinic which I hope you will find helpful:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/have-i-got-breast-cancer/referral-breast-cli...

Take care

Lucy BCC

Highlighted
Community Champion

On the symptom front,people can have no symptoms /lump at all or very noticeable symptoms, pain,change in shape etc only further tests can tell if it is something to be investigated further.GP can only make an educated guess.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hayley,I can't believe your referral time is 12 weeks,you should hassle for sooner appointment, say it is affecting you psychologically , most people seem to be referred and seen in a couple of weeks.Is this because you G.P is not concerned?You won't relax until you know ,why have it hanging over you for 12 weeks hassle them.
Highlighted

Found lump and have pain!

Hi, I'm 31 and have found a lump in the side of my left breast. It can't be seen, just felt. About the size of a grape and moves slightly, however it does feel as though it's fixed to something.I'm starting to get alot of aching from breast and arm, somethings a sharp pain! I'm really worried and my referral wait time is 12 weeks! Can anyone give me any advice on the symptoms and the very long wait time!?