Found lump.. been referred

Hi all,

I’m new here…

Found a lump yesterday… it’s incredibly small like an apple pip, saw Dr today and she’s referred me to the breast clinic within the 2 weeks timescale.

I feel such a drama queen but since yesterday I’ve thought of nothing else. I expected the Dr to say she couldn’t feel anything and dismiss it all but the fact she felt it too worried me more…

This waiting is awful when it could all be unnecessary… I just keep thinking of my 3 children and my hubby :frowning:

Hi clk and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk through your concerns, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

I am posting a link to the ‘Worried’ section of our website where you will find lots of information and our booklet ‘Your breast clinic appointment’ which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm_source=promo_content&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=worried

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi clk,

I must admint I felt the same, am I being paranoid/wasting time however the worry is now getting to me. I think if they find any lump, you are sent for a referral, it doesn’t mean they necessarily think it is BC.

I know this is probably of little comfort but keeping busy really does help.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

Thank you both.

I don’t think I could talk to someone on the phone to be honest… I’ve only told my hubby and my sister as I don’t feel the need to worry people unnecessarily at this stage.

Ever since finding the lump I’ve spent hours on hear reading through the posts and realising that everyone seems to feel exactly the same as I am doing right now. 

Wheezy, do you have an appointment date yet?

Hi can
Yes it’s tomorrow at 9am. Not long now

Ooh good luck!!
Im hoping my appointment letter doesn’t take too long. I’ve already convinced myself that mine wont be good news but I feel ok with that (at the moment).

Meant to add that I feel ok with it for me… but my worries are for my husband and 3 children. How will they cope if I need treatment. The hubby’s eyes filled with fear when I told him I’d been to the Dr’s last night :frowning:

Great news lizzyg! Xx

It really does help during the waiting to read threads on here… I feel quite prepared for when my appointment date comes through and what to expect. So many positive stories from the wondeful ladies here.
My husband doesn’t normally show his emotions but although he tells me everything is going to be fine I do see his worry.

Wheezy, best of luck for today! Will be thinking of you!
Please do let us know how you get on x

Upnorthgirl65
Sorry to hear your news wasn’t great ((hugs))
Keep trying to stay positive x

My appointment is tues 4th march… seems so long away !

Have been reading this post & just want to wish you ladies lots of luck & hope everything turns out ok for you.
I’ve just been reassured this morning that I’m fine, thank goodness.
Warm wishes to you all x

Thank you lizzyg & rachel.
Glad to hear you’ve both had great news :slight_smile: x

Oh that sounds positive news, albeit confusing too.
Really sorry to hear you have another two weeks to wait but fantastic that they’ve told you its not bc!

Thank you!

Hi ladies. i am also new here and following your thread.
I fould a lump in my breast and have till the 11th march to wait for breast clinic so i will have well and truly dug my own grave by then. gah im so nervous. I have generalised anxiety disorder and my family and friends live on the other side of the world so i only have my (very busy but loving) husband as support.

I am 39 yrs old and had a  fibroadenoma diagnosed 6 years ago. this lump feels very similar. i hope this is a positive sign it is not more sinister. After already experiencing the three tests last time, i can safely say im not really keen to repeat. anyways, i wish you all well and am here to help with support and hugs. Will take same in return. :slight_smile:

terrified but sick of waiting now yunno …

Annie.

Hi Annie…
I know exactly how you feel!
My appointment is on Tuesday which will be 13 days from when I saw the Dr regarding my lump… the first lump ive ever found. The waiting has been a roller coaster.
Im hoping you hear good news at your clinic appointment xxx