Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found out on Friday the 13th that I have breast cancer

4 REPLIES 4
Lucy_BCC

Re: Found out on Friday the 13th that I have breast cancer

Hi soyaandpepper, welcome to the BCC forums

As your fellow users have said, you have come to the right place for support, I am posting a link to the newly diagnosed information section of the web site which you may find helpful as you can read or download the information:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy

livlassie

Hi there soyaandpepper
So sorry to hear what you are going through. It is a very difficult time and it's not good to be isolated. once you are a little more over the shock of the diagnosis and have more information about your treatment options then you should try to find outif there is any local supportI for women in your situation. There is lots of support to us on these forums so have a good look around. I have only recently joined myself and wish i'd done it sooner.
Good thoughts to you, Louisa x

Libralady

Hi Soyaandpepper

So sorry to learn of your Dx, but you have definitely come to the right place to have support, advice and many listening ears.

Does the hospital you are receiving treatment have any support groups at all for women with breast cancer or know of any local ones that you can attach yourself too. Support is so very very important.

Either way, we are here for you.

Lisa
xxx

ChoccieMuffin

So sorry you need to join us, but welcome. Everyone is very friendly and will give support when you need it, though of course some of the suggestions for things in your hospital might not apply.

You're right, the waiting is THE PITS. Most of us have found that that's the worst bit, and once you get an idea of what your treatment plan is going to be, you are much better equipped to cope with it all.

I'm sure others will be along to say hello soon.

CM
x

Soyaandpepper

Found out on Friday the 13th that I have breast cancer

Hi everyone,
Just found out I have breast cancer and just finished doing my MRI and CT Scan and waiting on results. I know this is a UK site with a lot of you from the UK but I'm not, I'm actually from a little island in the Caribbean called Trinidad and Tobago. Not much emotional support here and so I went on the internet looking. Found you guys and a couple of others. The waiting period is the worst. The doctor told me I have breast cancer and nothing much on it since I was really emotional when I found out. He told me that after my MRI and CT scan then he will be able to tell me in detail about everything. Its really good to know and actually talk to other women who went through, going through and about to do treatment.