cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found suspicious lymph nodes in arm after first treatment 2.5 years ago

11 REPLIES 11
Clessa

Re: Found suspicious lymph nodes in arm after first treatment 2.5 years ago

Hi that's great news, what a relief for you and your family. I had a mastectomy and elected to have one on other side but has not taken worrying away though nice not to have mammograms! Reconstruction takes along time and that too is traumatic. Take your time and do your research and enjoy life. Xxx
TeeCass

Thank u clessa !
All clear- a fibroadenoma !
Soo relieved - lost half a stone with worry!
Just want to make sure it doesn't come back and wonder now if I should have a mastectomy as a precaution xxx
Thank u for ur support

Clessa

Hi TeeCaas so sorry to hear that you just feel like world has imploded but stay positive my CT and biopsy came back clear which I was amazed by so they are saying it is a normal reactive node but will scan again to make sure no change in a month. So don't feel completely out of woods but gave been able to resume life and forget about it for a bit- was most afraid of the CT showing spread so at least if just node that's not so bad and hopefully will get signed off again. One lady said well at least your in the system and it's those walking around not knowing or being monitored who are in danger which helped. Try to keep busy and stay positive lots of love and hugs Clessa
TeeCass

How are u all?
I'm feeling the same - suspicious lump 3.5 yrs after original diagnosis xx

Clessa

Hi Pandorra it seems never ending. Good you are going back to work and hope that goes ok. I seem to be ok when with family buts it's upsetting when others are upset for you. I suppose that's going to be normal reaction. Ended up telling my 17 year old as he was suspicious as I've been on the phone to pension companies a lot and being at home he kinda guessed. Saw a close friend today and confided in her so do have someone can talk to now. Hope you've got good support x
pandorra1

Hi Clessa, it's the waiting for the results that makes all of this harder.  Had my surgery 27th Jan and have to wait 'till 20th Feb for results.  Many of us here have said that we will go expecting the worse.  We need to take on the expereince of others as although I know we are all different, but at least it gives insight.  I am hoping to go back to work, maybe next week, but have to wait and see if I am up to driving.  Still some discomfort, but doing daily exercises.  Try and keep focused and talk as much as you need.  LOL xxxxx

Clessa

Hi feeling bit calmer went to local cancer support centre today and have some coping strategies to get me through it's next Wednesday I get results. Have been told to eat well, meditate and be mindful to try to get immune system in better shape. And recommended a book called Anticancer which looks readable. Hope you get on ok tomorrow.
Jan2010

Sorry to hear you had such a tough day, Clessa! No real advice re keeping my mind off it, just keeping busy, my teens are 14&15, my first dx was 5 years ago aged 45, they have a direct access here to BCN for the first 5 years, she booked the appointment to see the consultant at the breast clinic tomorrow, I expect maybe an US or biopsy? Fingers crossed for you tomorrow! Let me know how you get on. x
Clessa

Hi I know and I feel guilty as they are so sad. I tried to go to work today thought would keep me busy until results but ended up a emotional wreck and am at home now and think will stay home till Wed. Don't want to tell sister or kids until know more what it is but will then have to wait again for CT scan to see if anywhere else. Is it results tomorrow or appt? Will think of you. Any tips for keeping your mind off going to the worst place!?
Jan2010

I feel your agony, I am 5 years out from dx, waiting to see BS tomorrow as I found a lump (about 5p size) under my arm on the cancer side. Still hoping it's maybe a cyst but prepared for bad news. I haven't told anyone, my OH worries so much! Will be thinking of you! x
Jo_BCC

Hi Clessa,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums you've come to the right place for good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies, could I suggest you give our helpline team a call and talk to them about your worries/concerns, they're here to support you through this.  Calls are free from landlines and most mobiles 0808 800 6000.  The helpline opens at 9am today through to 5pm (weekdays) and 10-2 Saturdays.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Clessa

Found suspicious lymph nodes in arm after first treatment 2.5 years ago

Hi I found enlarged node in arm at weekend went to see BCN and was given scan that has shown 2 abnormal nodes that look suspicious and one enlarged that may be reactive which is one I felt. So waiting for biopsy results next wed. Also booked I. For CT depending on results.

Feeling dreadful didn't sleep and so scared. Only just had bilateral dorsal flap reconstruction after 2.5 years after first diagnosis. Original was grade 2 hormone receptive and no node involvement. Praying it's just a local reoccurrence. Have only told hubby who v sad. Afraid to tell 3 children 11,14 and 18. Feel let them down and am robbing them of having a mum. Own parents both dead mum 16 years ago at 67 she had bc but got 10 year all clear. I am 49 should be 50 in sept but can't see that. Planning my funeral and have phoned pension companies and solicitor I'm a Virgo so bit of a control freak. Going to work today but don't feel like it but think will pass time till wed. HElp!!! This is awful.