72.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends from March Rads and Jan surgery - are you still there?

7 REPLIES 7
modurham

Re: Friends from March Rads and Jan surgery - are you still there?

Hi everyone, well over six months on. Had my check up, continue with letrozole and anendrolic acid, have a follow up mammogram in December and then another appointment in six months. On the whole feeling well but seem to get tired more easily, but can't weigh up whether that's the medication or hitting 65! I do find I get aches and pains as a se and sometimes quite severe one's in night if I have been energetic - I think it is the acid so am experimenting with not taking it to see if it makes a difference. When I have established the cause I will go back to see if there is anything else I can take. The big thing is I seem to have lost my confidence and feeling I am turning into "an old lady". I was always the one happy to sit on the floor at parties or go down the bouncy castle. My children and grandchildren are planning a trip to Disneyworld and I always said I wanted to go but am not so sure now that I want to do the rides. Any case insurance might be a problem. Boob a bit swollen still so had to invest in new bras, although I could do with losing a few pounds after all this treatment. Big question - what do you say - I have had breast cancer, I have breast cancer. Is it too soon to hope you have beaten it? What a negative diatribe but this is the place to get things said. Really doing fine and planning to make the most of life. All the best to everyone else. Mo

Guest user
Not applicable

I had my 6 weeks appointment today (actually three months due to me not understanding the system)
and everything is fine......now just have to see my surgeon then I slot into an appointment every 6 months and a mammo every year ...keep on the femara for another 4 years plus and then bobs your uncle and fanny's your aunt as they say.
Still hoping to hear from others who had rads in march (or surgery in January) just to see how you all are

Mary
Guest user
Not applicable

Alanaa!
How lovely to hear from you...weather here is glorious.....
Lovely news about the wedding.....
love to fat cat
My cat has been slouching about in the heat....
Hope more people turn up on here!
Mary
Guest user
Not applicable

Good evening Mary, so good to hear from you and glad that you are feeling okay. I am still battling a wee bit away after the rads but slowly it is getting better. Attending a lovely Macmillan Centre once a week for acupunture and physio and have to say the acupuncture is a great help to get my range of movement sorted. Still having a rather tender area around the shoulder and around the collarbone but it will just take time. Having an app. on the 22nd August to see the Prof in Aberdeen and app with Onc in October. The tiredness is still a big problem but I hope it will ease given time.
My son is home a week and I enjoy his company very much. Good news is that my Laura got engaged in July and the wedding is on the 27th April next year. Well they had 7 years of practice after all.
Keep in touch and I do hope your weather is a lot better than the one we are having at present.
Love Alanaa and Fat Cat xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

lovely to hear from you both ...where are all the others?
I'm finished rads ...got a lttle lymphodema...but managing ...awaiting appointment with onc in August and then surgeon in Sept and then hopefully nothing for a year....oh and am on Letrozole/Femara. I'm back to normal but do feel different ...it is life changing isnt it?
mollie43

I was also in the January surgery thread and now with Mary in the march chemo, lat chemo one 10 days ago wads rads starting 1st Augustsweets weeks Debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi mgsm
I was in the Jan 2012 surgery thread but am now in the March Chemo 2012 thread and I do remember you. Unfortunately it appears quite a few people have lost us with the new site. I have finished my chemo, had 6 sessions gruelling but getting there. I am awaiting radiotherapy but have planning meeting this Thurs for that and hopefully start Aug for 3 weeks. Hope you are doing ok? Where are you in the treatment process?
Mary xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Friends from March Rads and Jan surgery - are you still there?

Seemed to have lost touch with you all mainly because of the site going belly up!
It seems to be more or less sorted now and would love to know how you all are...so if you posted on the January (2012) surgery or the Starting rads in March (2012) threads please ...how are you all?
For instance ( and this is just a sample of names) Ermintrude? Gillyflower? Newc43? Alaana?

Mary M