Friends needed

Just found out that I have it…

If anyone in a similar situation and wants to talk, please do.

I really need friends.

Hi Zena,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I’m sure you’ll get lots of support from the other users of this site.

If you feel you would like to talk to someone in confidence then the Breast Cancer Care helpline is here for you, offering support and information. Calls to the helpline are free, lines are usually open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm and Sat 9am - 2pm, Tel: 0808 800 6000

Kind regards,
Kate, BCC Facilitator

Hi Zena

I too have just been diagnosed, core biopsy results back on 15th October. All I know is that it is aggressive, they don’t think its in my lymph nodes however I am having a sentinel node biopsy next week. My mastectomy is booked for 17th November.

I seem to be OK the majority of the time, but then it suddenly hits me again and just feel very scared!

I am 42, married with 2 young boys aged 7 and 8.

I hate the waiting and just want to get everything over with, I just want it to be 6 months from now and be on the road to recovery.

Is any of this similar to how you’re feeling?

Love
Jayne
xx

Hi Zena, I am sorry you are having to deal with this horrible disease too. There are loads of threads on these forums from women with all different kinds of experience so just ask and I am sure you will get lots of support. But perhaps you should say a wee bit more about yourself so people who are in a similar postion can reply to you. I was diagnosed in 1989 and am still around yet I remember well how scary it all was when I found out as my kids were young at the time. Hope you find support to help you through this difficult time, Love Val (Scottishlass) X

Hi Zena;
I am too a newly diaganosed BC person.
Have been thru so many different emotions the last couple of weeks, some days you feel very strong & positive, other days when someone says anything nice you break down,but again try to stay strong for your family; it is so very hard to give advice, some of these ladies on here are so strong; it puts me to shame - but again prob in the future I will be as strong as them; who knows; I just think it is so nice to chat with ladies that are either goin thru the same situation or have been there & got thru it!
I am goin tomoz for my pre- chemo talk/anti sickness then I start on Friday, I was only diagnosed two weeks ago yesterday, it has all happened so quick, best of
luck babe xxx Emma

Hi Zena

So sorry you had to join us, but you’re in the best place. I was diagnosed in Sept and it really is awful. Surgery is do able and I’m just waiting for bone and CT scan which I’m terrified about in case it has spread. I think its just a case of ticking off the proceedures and appointments as you go, which is easier said than done. I was so pleased that it was only in one lymph node and stage 2, but as its grade 3 I know its aggressive, hence the fear of spread.

Let us know how it goes as we’ve all been there.

Julia xx

Hi Zena
sorry you had to join us. As the other ladies said, share your worries here. Someone will know exactly what you’re going through and we all understand the worry of a dx and waiting for results and treatment. I’ve “met” some really lovely people here with out whom I couldn’t have managed.

Take care

((hug))

Katie x x

Hi Zena,
Im new here too and this is my first post here. I was diagnosed in September and have had 2 lumpectomy ops and have just finished my first FEC chemo session. At the moment I am feeling pretty upbeat and positive after many wobbly sessions over the last two months. If you want someone to chat too, Im here too with the others! I am so glad I stumbled across this place - everyone seems so positive and supportive. Friends and family are great but nothing beats the understanding from other people who are sadly in the same situation.
Hope you are feeling a little better now.
karenap xx

Hi Zena Im also in the new “autumn intake” my lump confirmed cancerous just over two weeks ago. Everyone seems to have a slightly different journey, there are ladies here diagnosed after me who have already had surgery whereas i’m on hormones for a few months first. Actually that suits me just fine, as i have a lot going on in other areas of my life which i now have a chance to get sorted, but it does leave you kind of wondering, are things getting worse meantime?
Anyway Im sure you will find lots of friends here and learn such useful tips - my favourite so far has to be wearing a cotton tee-shirt under your bra for skin irritation. And lots of us are on here late at night too when you can’t sleep and the breast-care nurse is gone home.