Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frightend

8 REPLIES 8
Jo_BCC

Re: Frightend

Hi Kellc

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis today, but to try and help a little, I have put for you below links to a couple of BCC's publications you may find helpful. The resource pack you have to order on line, it is a free of charge publication as are all BCC's publications. This is because the resource pack is an A5 folder, it's packed with useful information to help you through your treatment and there's space for you to write your own notes. I hope these help.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis...

Resource pack:
http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early...

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Kellc

Been today for my results and it appears I have breast cancer.
Going for a lumpectomy next Thursday and to have glands removed under my arms.
They explained what would happen after that rads and /or chemo.

It just seems so unreal I don't think that it has sunk in.
It has all happend so quickly

Guest user
Not applicable

Kellc,

DON'T FEEL GUILTY! I'm sure he's glad to be able to support his mum and would be horrified that you were worrying about him.

Hope the results go well.

x

Kellc

Thanks for the replies its good to talk to other people who know what I am going through.

I am going for the results with my son who is 32 and I feel more sorry for him as he has a three year old son who had heart surgery at a day old and open heart surgery a week later.We were told last week that he was doing ok and we thought that life would go on as normal/How little do we know.

Well that my rant over for now must get ready and go to work.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kellc

I have no idea how long the process takes as i am in the waiting game but i do know that you will find great support here.
big hugs
xxx

Kellc

Thanks starting to feel a lot more positive now

Everton_babe

Hi Kellc

Im sorry to hear your worries, but please be assured that this site is a fantastic place to come for support and folks to answer your questions.
I can complety understand that weird feeling of it being an 'out of body experience' as thats the way I felt-maybe it helps us to deal with all the new things being thrown at us.
The timescale for things to happen really depends a lot on the test results.
My situation was I was diagnosed (DX) on 6th Oct 09 and had my mastectomy (MX) on the 29th Oct. In between I had a liver scan and a bone scan. Much depends on the scale of what they may- or may not!! find. There are many breast conditions that dont add up to cancer, so here's hoping its good news for you.
Take care and keep your chin up : )

Cathie

June_BCC

Hello kellc

Welcome to the forums, you've come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

Whilst waiting for replies you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 – 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Kellc

Frightend

Had a mammogram over a wek ago and been today for a scan and core biopsy. Found two lumps on my left breast on the left side one of which is near my underarm.
Have to go back next week for the results and to duscuss what happens next.
Had a few tears but feel oddly calm its as if it was happening to someone else.
How quickly do things start to happen once I get the results.