cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frightened and confused

3 REPLIES 3
happygolucky

Re: Frightened and confused

Hi , reading all these threads brought it all flooding back to me , I was diagnosed september 2011 aged 36 found the lump by chance .Had lumpectomy and nodes taken .was told i had grade 3 her2 positive and oestrogen positive with no node involvement .But had to have 6 months chemo and herceptin and radiotherapy .My advice to you would take each day as it comes i can honestly say it was the hardest things i have ever had to go through .I was so ill through treatment and wanted to give up after the first one .But my children ment more to me , it is a very scary time and it honestly gets better once you know what treatment you have and you do get through it .I cried alot , screamed alot hated myself sometimes .Looked awful but i thought its 6 months out of your life .I had the cold cap through chemo , and dont think i would have lost my hair fully but i took the decision to shave it , it was the scariest thing ever i will never forget that day .My hair came back very quick ...

You will get through this you will go through different emotions just go with it , if you need to chat please contact me

Be strong .x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,
i know how you are feeling, but my advice to you would be to take it as it comes, keep a note pad and pen by your bed for when those questions come into your head in the middle of the night, to ask your BCN, read other people's postings, keep a personal journal and not to google. If you want to cry, laugh and scream, do so.
i was diagnosed with IDC stage 3 on the 11th June (my wedding anniversary). I had a WLE and SNB on the 12th July. It went as it should have(any questions, please ask)
On the 31st july I was told I had grade 3 HER+ IDC good news was there was no node involvement but I had no clear margins. My advice was to have a mastectomy and then chemo and herceptin. I was deverstated. I was given the oppertunity of one of the 3 immediate reconstructions. I was given my options and went away to think about it. I spoke with a lady I met in hospital who had had the same decision to make, my Dad,bless him researched the pros and cons of them all , and with the support of my Husband I decided to have the MX and DIEP reconstruction.
i have a provisional date for the 3rd September( I go in the 2nd, my daughters bday) I was worried that the delay with me having the op and the longer recovery time would mean me not starting chemo sooner, but the doctors have told me it makes no difference. I am scared, but once you get your head around things it does get easier, most of the time.
I hope you have a great team of people helping you, and you get a good result. Cancer seems to have hijacked my year, my anniversary, my sons 21st, my daughters bday, my holiday and my parents 50th wedding anniversary that I was meant to be hosting, But, I refuse to let it hijack me!!
Take care
Sara x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi,
i know how you are feeling, but my advice to you would be to take it as it comes, keep a note pad and pen by your bed for when those questions come into your head in the middle of the night, to ask your BCN, read other people's postings, keep a personal journal and not to google. If you want to cry, laugh and scream, do so.
i was diagnosed with IDC stage 3 on the 11th June (my wedding anniversary). I had a WLE and SNB on the 12th July. It went as it should have(any questions, please ask)
On the 31st july I was told I had grade 3 HER+ IDC good news was there was no node involvement but I had no clear margins. My advice was to have a mastectomy and then chemo and herceptin. I was deverstated. I was given the oppertunity of one of the 3 immediate reconstructions. I was given my options and went away to think about it. I spoke with a lady I met in hospital who had had the same decision to make, my Dad,bless him researched the pros and cons of them all , and with the support of my Husband I decided to have the MX and DIEP reconstruction.
i have a provisional date for the 3rd September( I go in the 2nd, my daughters bday) I was worried that the delay with me having the op and the longer recovery time would mean me not starting chemo sooner, but the doctors have told me it makes no difference. I am scared, but once you get your head around things it does get easier, most of the time.
I hope you have a great team of people helping you, and you get a good result. Cancer seems to have hijacked my year, my anniversary, my sons 21st, my daughters bday, my holiday and my parents 50th wedding anniversary that I was meant to be hosting, But, I refuse to let it hijack me!!
Take care
Sara x
Guest user
Not applicable

Frightened and confused

Newly diagnosed last week surgery on 29 August for WLE aqnd node biopsies. Very frightened and confused about the future.