cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fulvestrant

5 REPLIES 5
truffle_shuff

Re: Fulvestrant

Hi , not started my Fulvesterent  jabs yet, delay due to radiotheraphy and pre trial checks. I have been promised my first jabs will be on the 10 of June. cannot come quick enough , need to know something is attacking this savage disease.

will keep posted if any juicy news to report on this treatment.

keep well all xx

truffle_shuff

oh  so happy to hear  positive review, I am starting this next week I hope, have mets in bone  and axilla. also to hear how many years you are along ,with this disease, I know it is not easy and you must havesuffered ,  but it gives hope , my hope and confidence is in my boots at the moment.

respect to you x

Carolyn52

I've just Googled fulvestant and it would seem u r lucky to have it as its been withdrawn in UK by nice as its so expensive . Oncologist must be positive about its effects to justify the high cost again leyrozole and tamox which are cheap.
So feel.positive .
Hugs xxx
anneboyle55

Thanks for your response - fingers crossed its effect lasts for both of us for some time though! I've been on both tamoxifen and letrosole and now moving to Fulvestrant - just hoping it keeps things under check at least sometime to come.
Stillhere

Hi, I haven't posted much recently but I am on Fulvestrant injections and have been since November ish.Ive had 21 years of breast cancer and many local recurrences after being ok for 14 years, also many treatments. I was diagnosed with secondary in a chest lymph node in July 2013 and have been on the oral chemo, Capecitabine from then until November last year. I'm probably on Fulvestrant because ive already been on Tamoxifen and 2 Aromatase Inhibitors. They all worked for a while.

I don't think Fulvestrant is a new treatment, it's been around for a while but I think other hormonals are used in preference because they are cheaper!!

I'm finding it a doddle of a treatment so I hope it keeps me stable. My opinion only, but I'm not convinced it is effective for a long time so just make sure you have regular scans. Wishing you best of luck with it. I massage my derrière after the injections, it lessens the slight discomfort! x

anneboyle55

Fulvestrant

Hi, I've just been advised today that I am changing treatment to Fulvestrant after CT result showed progression and letrosole had become ineffective. Does anyone have any advice on this as apparently this is a relatively new drug in Scotland - it's only been available over the last 4 weeks here. Thanks to anyone who can give some info other than what I can find via Google!