Re: Fybrocystic breasts

Can anyone else offer any advice? Please x
Sinfullyd

Hi Jo, thank you for the links I will have a good read tomorrow. X
Jo_BCC

Hi sinfullyd,

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through and have put for you below links to a couple of BCC's publications you might like to read. Also, could I suggest you give our helpline team a ring and have a chat with the nursing staff there, they're here to support you. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000, lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/benign-breast-conditions/breast-cysts-bcc73

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/benign-breast-conditions/breast-pain-bcc71

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Sinfullyd

Fybrocystic breasts

Hi ladies, I have been posting on here for a while about waiting for breast clinic appointment and how terribly I was treated. This is just an update really and for any opinions you may have.
im 30 and been told I have fybrocystic breasts. I have multiple small cysts and all though they can not be seen on ultrasound they are sure that is what it is. I returned to my GP after a terrible experience at the breast clinic and he agreed with the clinic that they are cysts. Great news 🙂
I have ahead pain in my breasts now for nearly 2 months and the GP is convinced it is not the cysts causing the pain, however he does not know what the problem is. I says the GP last week and he said to return in 2 weeks if the pain has not gone away. I also have a cyst in my chest, over towards my armpit side. He also said this was a cyst. Last night whilst watching telly I have very sharp pains in this spot so when I put my hand there I noticed the lump is a lot more prominent than when I last felt it a week ago. I wouldn't say it was bigger but just more noticeable. I took some painkillers and went to bed. Today I have had the usual pain in my breast (around the more noticeable lumps) but so far the one that caused me pain last night has been ok.
Can anyone offer any advice? Has anyone gone through this at all?
Obviously I am thrilled that the lumps are just cysts but am concerned about the pain. Also the GP has said that they are too small to drain and will not do surgery to remove them as the scar tissue can hide things in later life.