73.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallstones and tamoxifen. Legs that konk out.

3 REPLIES 3
karen

Re: Gallstones and tamoxifen. Legs that konk out.

Hi,
Did reply before but must of got lost!!
I had FEC and was on Tamoxifen for 5 years, I had my gallbladder removed 2years ago after suffering horrendous pain which was discovered to be gallstones. I also find my legs very heavy after walking now, especially uphills and stairs.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there,
I have been on tamixofen since September last year and whilst I have not developed gallstones I do seem to have permanently tired heavy legs. Like you I am reasonably fit but simply can not get back to my pre treatment fitness level no matter how hard I try. I have also developed carpal tunnel syndrome so have painful arms providing nice symmetry with my tired legs!
Sian
Lucy_BCC

I am bumping this post for staycalmandcarryon as it has become lost on the forums due to the technical problems we are experiencing, our sincere apologies for this

Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Gallstones and tamoxifen. Legs that konk out.

Hello All,
Ive 2 things to ask if anyone can help, advise or simply say 'yep, I know that.'
I completed chemo last April (6 FEC), mx and recon last June. Tamoxifen since July last year and 6 weeks of rads, ending November.
Last week I suffered the most terrible tummy cramps, to the point that I couldn't really speak or sit up. The gp says its more than likely gallstones and I'm awaiting a scan. Having googled there seems to be a link between tam and gallstones. Has anyone else had this problem or been told this?
The other thing is about my legs. I was fairly fit pre dx, walking 6/7 miles regularly. I'm not too bad and can still do this mileage but find that I virtually grind to a halt when going up hill, even a slight incline slows me down; yet as soon as it levels off I pick up speed again. It's like trying to drive up a hill in 4th gear if you know what I mean.
Anyone the same or just me?
X