cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening Club

Rose47

Re: Gardening Club

Helen,

Feb last year my lovely uncle had a stroke and asked me to take on his garden.  It was huge and I had a lovely summer under his watchful eye and gained loads of good advice.  

This is year he sadly passed away and my garden is more a flower garden.  Just planted a jasmine that smells amazing evert time I open the back door.

Not sure how much you want to plant but courgettes are easy and very plentiful.  I grew garlic last year but a bit late now.  Beetroot was a good one too and the good old salad is easy.  Cucumbers and peppers but they were in a greenhouse.

You will love it Helen and I can't wait to read all about your summer produce 😀 Xxxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Going to enjoy this thread, thanks for starting it!

Used to be a keen gardener, had an allotment in London as well as our garden. Not realy done much gadening since SBC as find I get too achy and my partners mobility hasn't been good due to hips needing replacing, so generally been trying to keep on top of garden and stop it becoming a jungle rather than growing things. Have now got a raised bed at bottom of garden so hoping to get back to growing soon!

Will be good to hear how your planting goes - goodluck

HelenAquarius

Wow butternut squash is lovely.. I'm gonna check that out! 

Are you doing any this year? Not too late!

Helen x

Rose47

Hi Helen,

You sound like you have it all under control in your garden.  I grew potatoes and carrots in tubs last year, very easy and tasted lovely.  Butternut squash is also an easy grow if you like them.  Happy gardening😀Xx

HelenAquarius

Gardening Club

Hi all... My fingers aren't green but I do love pottering about in the garden so wondered if anyone out there wanted to share successes and failures of gardening? Hints and tips.. Pics? Just would be lovely to share some ideas etc.

So yesterday, after 3 hours of chemo (proud of myself as felt knackered!) I got out and with the help of my boyfriend and my dad, & we got some runner beans planted, 6 tomato plants, I put some cucumber seeds in pots in my little propergator (cucumbers were my best thing last year which was the first time I'd ever grown veggies) and we sowed some spinach into the ground too.  

Rather excited! Anyone else got any veggies going? 

Ideas as on flowers for a shady border please?

helen