Gastro symptoms- has anybody had these with Lobular bc? Worried about recurrence

I had Lobular bc 8 years ago.  Now I have had stomach aches, lots of saliva, burping and belching!  Sorry if thats TMI.  I have had an endoscopy which was clear.  I am very aware that Lobular bc can metastasise in the whole of the gastro tract anywhere and this is a known way for it to develop.

Has anyone had these symptoms or been diagnosed with mets this way?  I am thinking of having a colonoscopy now but am not too keen if there is nothing to worry about.

Many thanks ladies, you always help!

Gracet

Hi gracet

I am sorry to read you’re having a difficult time at the moment.  I’m sure some of the other users will be along soon to offer you their support and experiences.

In the mean time you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the helpline.  Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offe ryou emotional support as well as practical information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Hi Gracet,

I was looking to start a new thread with a very similar concern i have! I was diagnosed with Lobular B/C in Oct 2012, had the ops, Chemo, Radio and now Anastrozole for 5 years. The last few months I noticed more and more that I was also experiencing Gastro/Right side problems. Every ache and pain (apart from joints) comes from the abdomen/gallbladder/liver area. I finally went to tsee the Practice Triage Nurse today. She took loads of bloods, checked my wee (that was clear) and booked me in for Thursday to get the results from the GP who she hopes will arrange an ultrasound scan.

All the pain, etc i get is on the right hand side and goes from the front and right round to the back like colic pains, which when they calm down leave me with a constant dull ache. I feel yuk all the time, fuzzy headed, bone tired, fed up, nauseous (i retch with the pain but today i actually was sick and had loads of saliva too. I am windy both ends!

The Nurse gave me Omeprazole for nausea, and anti-inflammatory suppository (the jury’s out on that one at the moment!) and suggested Biliary Colic and asked about my liver/gall bladder. I hope it gets sorted soon as its taking over my llife .

I was not aware of the fact that Lobular B/C can met in the gastro tract, but the Nurse did check with me that i had treatment for B/C. Now I am cr@*@ing myself over it! The trouble is that when you are diagnosed, the hospital made me aware of the risk of mets/secondaries so every pain is a worry!

Hope you are feeling better and did you have the colonoscopy or something else?

Cheers, Michele x