cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gem Carbo ... Thought this would be easier

6 REPLIES 6
Teej

Re: Gem Carbo ... Thought this would be easier

I always have blood test on day of chemo, usually comes back in 20 mins or so (I'm private thanks to OH's insurance.). I'm having another portocath put in on 24th - it worked great last time but looks hideous. I swore I wouldn't do it again too but I guess the alternative is worse 😞
Guest user
Not applicable

dont think its sunk in with me yet hun.. i always said I wouldnt do chemo again.. rough times!...i asked my onc if i have to do blood tests before this chemo and she said no?? .. do you have your bloods done before treatment??.....im having my hickman line put in on tuesday as my veins are sp tiny now...oh what a bugger it all is.....!!!!

Hope you feel a bit better on next session hun xxx

Teej

Sandra, sorry to hear you've had quick relapse too... It's such a shock isn't it? I was only just feeling normal again and have to go through it all again.

should have had the Day 8 dose today but blood counts were too poor, I wasn't surprised as I have felt so Ill.

Good luck with your treatment,

TJ. Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

HI Teej

I finished my FEC in May and it reoccured last week with biopsy results from chest wall... spoke to doc who said it was lymph node..but I had clear margins?? something I cant understand!!.been a horrible week for the family.. so just hoping this new chemo will work

hugs San x

Teej

Hi Sandra, I hope you find it easier than me. I did have anti-sickness meds but will b e asking for more next time. I'm having it day 1 and day 8 same as you by the sound of it. Finding it so hard, I only finished FEC-t in Feb so it's been very quick to recur.xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Teej

Im due to start Gem carbo on the 25th Sept... my onc told me its a more "friendlier" chemo....so Im hoping that I dont get the terrible sickness first time around... are you taking any anti sickness meds prior to treatment?? my district nurse told me to take them even if I didnt feel queasy....I was only given 2 dates to start off with is this normal?? ive got the 25th Sept and 2nd Oct?....I was told I had lesions on my liver but MRI came back perfect so fingers crossed I can tolerate this chemo to get it under control and I dont agree with the tinescale my onc gave me.. hoping you feel a bit better hun and maybe we can keep in touch throughout treatment ...sending angel hugs xx

Teej

Gem Carbo ... Thought this would be easier

I had first lot of Gem Carbo chemo last Thurs for TN recurrence in neck nodes and have felt wretched. Onc said this is usually very well tolerated but I've felt sick, weak and lightheaded all weekend. Can't believe I've got another dose in a few days time. Gonna ask for more support meds but anyone else struggled with this chemo?