1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General chat

Moijan

Re: General chat

Wwll here, i am.well connected, so to speak only one stab today, so happy bunny, now full of Eribulin and zomete! Thought id report from the ringside! So to speakxx

Moijan, hot off the pressxx

Moijan

Wwll here, i am.well connected, so to speak only one stab today, so happy bunny, now full of Eribulin and zomete! Thought id report from the ringside! So to speakxx

Moijan, hot off the pressxx

Carolyn52

Oh u r naughty spending money !! Go for it though. Nothing like retail therapy to cheer us up. I have bulging wardrobe of clothes and am curbing my clothes habit at monent but have bought new throws for beds and curtains this week !
Barton

Well done, Carolyn - you are good! I spent the morning in town shopping (spending money! Got 2 skirts for work and some shirts).

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Sat here feeling very smug. Looking for something in our big storage cupboard today ending up turning everything out..sorting and tidying and binned a huge black sack of junk.
So job done. ..and I know exactly what is in there now ....
Just a little thing but boy don't I feel good.
Xxxx
MaraUk

Hi Carolyn not sure how this ended up here lol. So pleased they are offering support I was left totally high and dry so leased to have found te forums we belong to really great information and support take care Mara xx
Carolyn52

Hello Mara
When I was at cherrybrook for my bone juice last week there was a sign on the wall advertising a secondary bc club monthly with a bc nurse so maybe they have formed some sort of support at last.
Think between this site and our chat girls there is so much more help really. So many helpful ladies with experience.
Hugs Carolyn xxx☺☺
MaraUk

Re: BCN secondary Nurse

Hi ladies

when I was patient  at  cherrybrooke   Exeter I campaigned for a secondary nurse they even sent me the outline advert because they were considering it   then we were told there nIs  no funding . Maybe Fiorce  could help it seems the secondary lot at Exeter are well looked after  onc wise but a get a rough deal were support is needed. Mara 

Jules3005

Yes Carolyn, it's so nice to get away for a change of scenery. I went to Fort William a couple of weeks ago and am definitely ready for another little break hee hee. I love it, note to self, must book another soon!! Fancy Wales, not as far to travel Smiley Very Happy

Moijan

Yes, just got back from chemo. Only two tries today! Am feeling very well and happy just now. How is everyone? The weather has held out so farxx

Barton

That sound absolutely wonderful, Carolyn! You lucky thing.

Moijan, I think the website is livening up a bit now!

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

I've just been travelling back from bude ..had a full English breakfast overlooking the beach in the sunshine first though.
Back home and to reality again ..must arrange something else soon!!
Carolyn xxx
Moijan

Strange there is noone about today so far. Maybe like me, they all have an appointment with a cannula or just out in the sunxx

Barton

I loved mine, too, Sarah, when I had it. It was brilliant. Had it removed in late 2011 when I finished IV chemo. If I have to have IV chemo again, I will certainly ask for another one to be fitted.

Mine was in my right chest, just above my surviving breast. They will try to put it on the side not affected, so as to try and avoid causing lymphodema. Not sure what they do if you have had a bilateral mastectomy.

Hugs. Barton.x

Karent

Hi

Mine is placed just above my left breast at first it feels a little funny but now forget it in

Karen xx
Moijan

Where is yours placed?

xx

mrswright87

porthacaths are great, there are no restrictions because it goes under the skin, I love mine, makes things so much easier 🙂 

Moijan

Hi George, yes im sure you are right and afterwards ill feel the same, but the insertion process scares me sillyxxx my wig was through the wig lady at our hosp, I have to pay £60 tho , it would have bern over £100, years ago I got two free ones, but they are a little past their prime.

This wig is a short bob in a ashyblondy colour, but whereas my own style reached round my jaw to my chin, this one is too long, the pointy bits wave about in front of my face a little. However, the wig looks very like my previous style.

debshummingbird.....thank you for the advice, I am an nlp practitioner, but keep forgetting to practice it! Also 

i do do Eft tapping.......I think that may well be useful just before going to the theatre...thank you for reminding me...Moijanx

ps I have used tapping quite a bit just before singing exams and before ringing/visiting a strange belfry, but strangly hadnt thought of using it re the port o cath.....thanks again..have just realised it was you who asked anout my wig..its a 'hot Hair' wig, but depends on the hospital as to which they deal with.Moijanx

george

Typo, should be Moijan
george

Hi Morgan

Great news about your results. You must be so pleased. I have a portacath and it was the best thing I did. The nurses use it to take blood as well as give chemo; it is so convenient and pain free. As you know, I am now on Cape but am keeping my portacath which just needs a flush once a month.
Regarding wigs, I got rid of mine a few weeks ago and felt so liberated after wearing it for nearly a year. Mine was very itchy to begin with, but then things settled down.
Have a good weekend

George
DebHummingbird

Hi Moijan,what wig did you get ?? I'm stuck on wigs and can't find anything that looks like me.I had a fear of going in for my Recinstruction years ago but I was shown the Tapping technique ( on acupuncture points) and felt so much better when I went in .maybe Google Tapping &NLP xx
Moijan

Oh and thank you all for celebrating with me re my mri resultsxxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxMoijanx

Moijan

Hi ladies, ate far too much last night, all the blood in my body went to my dijestive system. So all mu veins were on strike today...got in at the 6 th try, thats the 4th nurse.....they are only allowed to try twice and the first one only wanted to try once..so now have an appt to chat informally about a port o cath.

..i know you will all say things like'go on, its fine' etc, but I do have a phobia about needles and anaethetists...i know they are excellent at my hospital, but on the day, ill be terrified..silly i know

Barton, yes, thank you for the hat idea, I did have a lively woolly hatin april, but soneone pinched it! My wig looks great, but sooo itchy. Im wearing an elasticated headscarf currently...but will be looking for suitable hats.

so several morals here, dont eat a huge meal the night before a vein chase and also, get an early night...

going home to sleep now in my very  hot bedroom

hugsmoijan

Barton

Glad you have your ceiling back, bonariensis. I had to have my sitting room one replaced a few years ago, too, so I know exactly how distruptive it is! When we were moving all the furniture to do mine, they found a lot more damp, so had it all done at once. An absolute nightmare! Enjoy your new sitting room!

Hugs. Barton.x

rosie53

Hi Moijan, sorry I'm late wishing you well, (I only tend to hang out on the bone met thread). Great news for you, breath again now and enjoy what's left of the summer! 

Hugs Janette xx

bonariensis

Got our living room back yesterday with new ceiling and new lights, Knackered from redecorating (husband did the ceiling) and putting everything back but lovely not to have a hole (don't ask) and to have much improved lighting. Best of all to have the sofa back.

JulieD
Community Champion

Ooops, I  told you maths wasn't my strong point! Thanks for that Barton.

Hate wasps too! My mum and dads neighbours had a nest a couple of weeks ago and my parents had to keep all their windows closed while the council got rid of it.

Hope you have a nice BBQ, I've just had salad followed by a choc ice and am seriuosly considering a second choc ice! It's still very hot afterall Smiley Wink

Carolyn52

Hello moijan
I must be some sort of witch ...only said today hadent seen a wasp all year and then u mention it !!
I hate hate hate them and can do a really good wasp dance too !!
Barton

Thats alright, Moijan - you are welcome. By the way, I detested my wig too. I called it the dead rat. In the end, as it was nearing winter, I bought a grey, soft hat and wore that instead until my hair grew back. I wore the hat longer than that actually, as my head got so cold (never had that problem before) during that winter.

Good luck with the barbecue - hope it goes/went OK.

Hugs. Barton.x

Moijan

Oh Julie D, just realised you mentioned 'dentist' , thats my other pet hate, good luck with that and am glad you are going to the hairdresser......I wonder if I will ever need one again😓

hugs Moijanx

Moijan

Thank you, lovely Barton,  yes, im not very good at adding up today. I wore a b* wig all day and couldnt wait to tear it off my head!

tonight im due at a bar be que, which may be better, but am being plagued by wasps this week and I hate them, so not sure how tonight will go!

was struck by the quiet website during the day today..I do hope some of you went somewhere nice?

Love and hugs, Moijanxx 

Barton

Hello Moijan, 50mm is 5 cm, not point5cm. Half a centimetre is 5mm. Glad your results were so good!

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Hiya moijan
Well good news today ..cant get involved in measurents as I only understand feet and inches ..never gone metric in my world !!!
Hence the reason we have a lot of mistakes on things I order online but won't mention that !!
Hugs
Moijan

Ooh keep getting tangled up in this wifi thingy. Thank you Julie D, it was about half a cm, I think so not sure did you say 50mm? I was overloaded with info as had given him a whole list!

lots of love and thank you for the prayers

Moijan

JulieD
Community Champion

Great news Moijan! Smiley Very Happy thanks for letting us know. It is always nice to hear when treatments are working. .5 is very good shrinkage I  think it will be about 50 mm but maths isn't my strong point!

I think you are right to mention anything that is different since your last consultation, you never know what might be important so keeping your team up to date is sensible.

Hot here, even hotter than yesterday I  think. At least it means all the washing will get dry quickly, hope it's a bit cooler over the next couple of days as have dentist tomorrow and hairdressers on Friday

Moijan

Thank you Carolyn and Julie D, my onc was...very pleased with the result of the mri...t.markers are 300circa wheras before I started they were 1014. Also the largest met had reduced by .5 of a cm. they usually measure them in mms so I was a bit confused...but onc said he will put the figures into my gp letter...and I will be able to see them there! 

Re the bowel, well we had a chat but he said that because things are dramatically improved he wasnt worried...my symptoms were not very bad anyway, but you know. We think, maybe i should mention it!

so thank you for your prayers lovely ladiesxxx

Moijan

JulieD
Community Champion

Hi Moijan,

Hope appt goes well, prayers being sent,

Colonoscopy not as bad as I  thought but don't think I'd want them too often so fingers crossed you don't need any more!

xx

Carolyn52

Hiya moijan
All the very best for today ..hope it all goes ok for you ..
There are better places you would rather b.
Carolyn xx
Moijan

Well...here I am, sitting waiting to see the lovely onc. Awaiting mri result and also fed up because am worried about possible bowel wall weakness. So i guess i will be having another of those lovely tests again soon

( colonoscopy)  which I have grown much less partial to, over the years.

i am always pleased to see the onc, who is the loveliest man, but will ask to see a lady doctor if he thinks I need a closer examination below..and my crystal ball tells me I am destined for one! 

If any of you are about/ online, please say a little prayer for me this amxxc

thank you Moijanxx

Barton

Wow, Carolyn - sounds like you need the whole pharmacy! How your shopping habits have changed lately! I have to say, I think shopping for new outside furniture is much more exciting! I bet you do, too.

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Barton
Just come back from boots ....heat pads ( in case of bad back ..ok at moment) scented panty liners (in case of dribbles) tea tree foot soak , rennie tablets and two bottles of vitamin c....how very exciting ..not .....a year ago it would have been make up and hair products!!

How our lives have changed .xx
Barton

Moijan and Carolyn, agree completely!

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Yes often feel like saying to people like Katie price etc ..leave them alone stop having them increased and decreased etc ...at least you have two healthy ones !!
Moijan

Yes boobs are very much in our minds! Am i the only one whonotices nice boobs? Now im prosthetic, i feel. A bit deprived...but we have to cope?😟

What i mean is,  I suppose I envy those with two real breasts...but feel fortunate in lots of ways.

Barton

Lol, bonariensis - we obviously think alike!

Hugs. Barton.x

bonariensis

I wondered what they were and couldn't think of anything else they could be except weird boobs.

Barton

Thank you, thank you, thank you, JulieD!!! I was beginning to worry it was just me!

Hugs. Barton.x

JulieD
Community Champion

Smiley Wink ha ha Barton, don't worry, I  can see what you mean. They are a bit like blown up balloons with a long lumpy bit that we would laugh and joke about being like boobs with funny nipples Smiley Surprised So you are not alne and not a pervert (or we could both be perverts Smiley LOL xx

Barton

Carolyn, I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be speech bubbles - you know, like they put in comics when someone is saying something. The thinking bubbles have the words in an oval, with little round bubbles leading to their heads! You must have seen them in comics. I'm probably just perverted or something thinking they look like boobs! Anyone else see it? Please? Please?

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Ok..Barton I will rise to your bait ...I've studied it and can't really see what its supposed to represent ? Don't know about boobs...could it b a Olympic games thingy for breast cancer ?? Or fish bubbles that we are in a big ocean swimming again a large tide of cancer ....
Don't know ...