You don't say if you've already had breast surgery or what treatments you are undergoing. What aspects of your future surgery/treatment options have you told will be affected and over what timescale? Have you already had a mastectomy on the affected side?
I ask because the results of a genetics referral will be perhaps unlikely to affect/change the treatment you're receiving right now or in the immediate few weeks. Results are more likely to affect options at some time in the future e.g. option for prophylactic mastectomy and/or oophorectomy, frequency and type of screening post active treatment.
Personally I opted to wait several months before going for a genetics appointment as I concentrated on getting through my mastectomy, chemo and rads first. Don't know in what geographical area you're being treated but my (NHS) geneticist is fabulous (southern England) and I would happily recommend her if you'd like to PM me for details.