George at Asda - GREAT Post Surgery Bras

Hi Ladies,

Just a tip, I had two mastectomies and just had new implant and have tried a variety of Post Surgery Bras (including M&S etc) but George at Asda do the most comfortable and supportive bra for £6! It is amazing value, very soft and thick cotton and pretty too. I got mine on-line too!!

Best of luck to you all anyway.
Sue xx

Thanks for that - what is the name of the bra please?

If they are the same bras that I bought last October from Asda, yes they are excellent (they are sold as sports bras, by the way), although I think mine were only £4 each. And I considered them more comfortable (in terms of the fabric) than the M&S ones which were about £18 each.

Six weeks after reconstruction, quite naturally I was keen to abandon the restrictions of a sports bra and wear something lacy, which I did. However, six or so months on I find myself wearing the Asda bras when I want to feel truly comfortable, as it feels as if I am not wearing a bra at all! And of course they are great for sport, which is what they were designed for.

Size-wise, I was aiming to be reconstructed to a 36C, so I bought a 36D to allow for swelling post-op, and I find them a perfect fit even now that everything has settled down.

Hope this helps!

Hi am a new user and am really impressed with how well you all support each other. My query is about my sister cos she is burying her head in the sand regarding her BC. She has had a 18mm lump removed in each breast with clear margins. However her surgeon has told her they are grade 3 with lymph node involvement. She is quite large chested and her bras at the moment are causing her back to ache… she is awaiting bone scan and CT scan results so fears the worst because of this pain. Would these bras be supportive enough whilst being comfortable?

i have the asda sports bras too! very comfy and cheap!! love debs xx

Hi ladies
I too had a mastectomy and had trouble finding good comfortable bras! I must say the Asda post surgery bras are a good buy, very comfortable and the only one my surgeon was really impressed with! I must point out that Asda do post surgery as well as sports bras, so make sure you have a look at the two before purchasing xx

Unfortunately the Asda post surgery bras only start at a ‘B’ cup in all sizes so no good for smaller ladies.

pp
x

I found that the Asda post surgery bra’s shrank after washing. I also found them to be too hot during summer. They have just started selling a performance moulded sports bra called COOLMAX. Although it does not have pockets the bra fits so well that I just pop my prosthesis in when I have fastened it. I am 36A but the 36B fits me perfectly.

E

Hi Ladies,

I bought the Post Surgery bra not the sports, and I bought it online too! Im a standard 36C ut bought the 38B which fitted perfectly allowing for the swelling. I agree they are quite thick material but that adds to the support. My surgeon liked it so much he made me go and flash it in the waiting room of his other BC ladies!! Well we are used to lifting our tops regularly during this BC experience ladies arent we!

Wishing you all the very best with your healing and I truly believe positive thinking is the quickest form of recovery. We are not alone!

Love Sue xx

hi all, brilliant bras,great value at £6,the girl on the underwear said “theyre always on the lower shelves,we know you ladies arent
supposed to reach”,what more could we ask?